Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best EM tool for reflectors..? Need Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atul_microwaves_antenna

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All experts,
I am trying to simulate reflector antennas such as corners,parabolic etc. I started with Corner and SuperNEC but it seems that results are not very accurate and NEC always show efficiency 100%.
I started then with IE3D , but it seems that it is gud for planer structures. 3D models design and simulation seems to be tough there.
I have already gone thorugh some old topics discussing best EM tool for antenna design. My requirement is very specific. I want a good EM software for reflector antennas (all types).What should I prefer? I am newbie in this area and unable to decide from where to start now.
Has anyone used Fidelity from Zeland for reflectors? I am going to use it. How is it..?
Pls let me know..

can you specify what are your requirements?
software, hardware?
you want to build one?
is it a lab project?

Hi,
Yes it is a lab project and it is just started. About requirement, I want to first simulate a Corner and then a parabolic reflector a basic one. About which one, I can say let's take any example from JD Kraus or Balanis book. I am really trying to get the hold of it first.
Regarding the practical aspects,I am also looking into it but really speaking for me choseing a right software to simulate a Prime focused Parabolic reflector or Square Corner Reflector is first thing I wanted to do but struggling a bit here also.
Yes,I want to build one at the end and about h/w and s/w requirement I need to chose a good EM simulator first to start of really.
Please let me know.

OK
start first by taking a look at these websites and let me know your feedback

corner reflector

h**p://www.northcountryradio.com/Articles/crfl.htm
h**p://people.wwc.edu/student/andeda/school/antenna/

figure:
h**p://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1376051172048941318oNrNWF

parabolic :

h**p://www.mlesat.com/antennas.html

all:
h**p://www.educypedia.be/electronics/antennaparabola.htm
h**p://www.w1ghz.org/10g/antennas.htm

DO NOT FORGET THE HELPED BUTTON

Hi,
Sorry for it...I am a newbie sir..pls don't mind..I will remember it..
Yes..I am checking one by one...and let u know sir..

atul_microwaves_antenna said:
Hi,
Sorry for it...I am a newbie sir..pls don't mind..I will remember it..
Yes..I am checking one by one...and let u know sir..

what do you mean?

check the sites I will try to post software sites. But check the results with the antenna books

Hi,
That is coz I forgot to click on HELPED button...nothing else...
YEs pls post the s/w sites...I checked the links u posted y'day..one of the link is very helpful...very gud links are they...

Check this link it contains several antenna design software packages.

h**p://www.wiley.com/college/stutzman/std.htm

this is a tutorial on reflector antennas
h**p://www.cv.nrao.edu/course/astr534/ReflectorAntennas.html

You should try TICRA GRASP, which is specially developed for reflector. You can download a student version on its website.

Hi fishyxl,
Thanks..y'day I downloaded the student version and installed it...it seems good one..but I am still exploring..

Hi,
I am checking SABOR as well, but it dosen't provide accurate results.I mean, when I tried to simulate a design example from Balanis book it is giving some other gain values. And it doesn't support surface distortion errors also which I need very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back