Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best cheap PCB schematic and layout package

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothjoey

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wanted to get a couple of opinions of PCB packages. I need to come up with a reccomendation to a university on PCB tools. As you probably can guess, cost is a very serious concern. I'm looking for a complete package that can do schematic entry and maybe a 4 layer stckup pcb layout. Autorouting isn't needed but forward annotation from schematics to layout would be nice.

I know PSPICE is free. What layout tools integrate nicely and is cheap, easy and powerful? Alternatives to PSPICE are also being looked at. thanks.

Go for OrCAD from Ca/den/ce. It comes also with the huge component library. It also has built in Spice. I know that lots of universities use this tool.

Laplace

maybe u can ask to get an educational license. a lot of companys do give such licenses. From handling aspects i would recommend PowerPCB which have a very clear and structured user interface and its perfect to use. i really tried a lot of Schematic/Routing Systems.

regards
Elvis P.

If cost is an issue look at Pcad or Protel.
The other packages cost twice as much.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back