Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto power off circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariah1902

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a device which will help me to auto power off my ac supply so that I can turn on my motor and select a desired time and make that motor stop after that time is over. So basically either it can be controlled by a stop watch or a real clock. So what do I need and how much can it cost?. I want to make it with a small cost a I want it to deliver to each and every person in my area who are suffering from water wasting problem.

Hi,

Maybe a microcontroller and a relay plus a few other components. A timer plug is a ready-made solution if the motor has a plug.

'Really simple' could be a CD4060 or similar, or even a 555 monostable if great timing accuracy isn't important, set to turn on when you turn the motor on, or start a timed on-period with a pushbutton plus a latch like a flip-flop one, to keep the counter high and use the lowest frequency pulse needed to unlatch a relay, and turn off the latch at the same time.

Hi,

it highly depends on the desired accuracy and set time. What are your design goals?

BR

Presumably accuracy is not that important.
You could use a pnuematic timer, you can get them in the form of a light switch, push it and it slowly returns switching off after a period of time, and the timer element doesnt need any power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back