Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any kinds of elliptic lenses??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweek

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask; is there any kind of elliptic lenses?

I don't mean their cross sections, but as a plan view.

I mean the contour of the lenses; can they be elliptic rather than circular??

thanks...

elliptic lenses??

Eyeglasses are cut to fit many different frame shapes. I've seen some that look elliptical.

shadoweek

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: elliptic lenses??

Yeah, obviously you can cut a lens in any shape you want. If it is not symmetrical around the center but is elliptical, it will have a different pattern in the x vs y plane.

Simple fourier transform theory will show you the radiation pattern.

I don't know if you know this or not; but is it also applied in the photolithography exposure systems?

I don't know if you know this, but this is a Microwave discussion board. We assumed you were talking about RF antenna lenses.

elliptic lenses??

The forum title includes optics. Same stuff, different wavelength. ;)

Simply answering "yes" to the original question does seem unsatisfying. There must be a deeper question.

biff44 said:
I don't know if you know this, but this is a Microwave discussion board. We assumed you were talking about RF antenna lenses.

Hi biff44,

the photolithography process is all about optics.
the photolithography exposure tools can contain uo to 40 lenses or even more.
the photolithography technology continues to improve if its lenses are improved.

I think, by now, you know that it's a related topic to the forum title: Optics.

thanks...

Added after 2 minutes:

echo47 said:
The forum title includes optics. Same stuff, different wavelength. ;)

Simply answering "yes" to the original question does seem unsatisfying. There must be a deeper question.

Yes, echo47. My deeper question is if ellipticle lenses are used in the construction of photolithography exposure tools...

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back