Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

APR9600 voice recorder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

At last i can control the APR using pic, i found out the problem and it was M1 and M2 switches at the same time (one high to low another low to high) and APR does not recognize this and it play the same file continuously :)

Thanks CK for the sample code :)

Will update later about the problems and solution :)

@CK Few weeks ago you have posted an APR circuit with a low voltage audio amplifier LM386, in that configuration can I connect a speaker with 6ohm internal impedance?
In the APR datasheet they told to use 16ohm one, but 8ohm also works.

Thanks
Akhil

sir i want to know the speaker output voltage of apr9600

Voltage Amplitude across SP+/- is 1.4Vpp at Resistance at SP+/- 16ohm
Sp+/- Output Power is 12.2mW

For, each details you can check in the datasheet of APR (Electrical Chara)

my busy flag pin is not getting off and also i'm not getting able to record the sound can u please send me the circuit diagram which is working properly as soon as possible

Check this circuit, I hope it will serve the purpose. Connect a speaker with O/p impedance= 8ohm or 16 ohm

Attachments

• APR modified.png
    APR modified.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 88

I was going through the discussion and even i had the same problem what akhil mohan had. finally he was able to make it with the help of others, let me try it out and then i'll say the results.

to all who are interested in voice playback...
you also can use ap89341 which is very good than apr9600, but no recording is possible..

anyone can u send schematic of working circuit for normal operation to me....???

I have designed & implemented but its only working as recording mode beep start & end but playback is not working..........anyone can help?

I have designed & implemented but its only working as recording mode beep start & end but playback is not working..........anyone can help?

I hope you have connected the DC blocking capacitor between ANA IN and ANA OUT. Set \CE=0, \RE=1, will enable playback if you are sure you have recorded data on it.

Thanx akhil.... i have done it today & its working fine.... but when amplified the speaker output signal using lm386... i hear some noise in background.... how to reduce it.... & how can i get amplified & noise free output of speaker because i want to use it in announcement system at customer car....

you will not get very clear sound in apr9600.
you should use ap89341
such type of system is available in Mahindra n Mahindra car..
and they use ap89341 as playback ic.

You are welcome rahray87, about the noise I am also facing the same at that time, I bought a speaker with 8ohm o/p impedance and used signals coming in the range 0-8kHZ. These don't have much noise and don't put the pot on the LM386 to max, test it with oscilloscope, set for different sinusoidal freq, and measure it across the SP+ and SP-. Make both the waveforms approximately matching (a little bit fluctuations are fine as the filter design is the preliminary one) and use the pot to adjust the same. Now hear the sound in the specified freq range with less noise, and enjoy :)

hey,, akhil mohan. have you completed your product..
and what does it work ..
i think you were making some medical related product.
You are welcome rahray87, about the noise I am also facing the same at that time, I bought a speaker with 8ohm o/p impedance and used signals coming in the range 0-8kHZ. These don't have much noise and don't put the pot on the LM386 to max, test it with oscilloscope, set for different sinusoidal freq, and measure it across the SP+ and SP-. Make both the waveforms approximately matching (a little bit fluctuations are fine as the filter design is the preliminary one) and use the pot to adjust the same. Now hear the sound in the specified freq range with less noise, and enjoy :)

i am providing a attachment.it will help u.

Attachments

• apr9600.zip
    452.9 KB · Views: 69

Hi All,
I am just working on this one right now, except I have to cram it into the smallest room as possible. Meaning, I got a 28pin socket and solder everything right there to the pins. (Not yet finished). 1 resistor I don't get, it is the R4 from the M8 switch (22K) to ground (sumeetpanse). Allmighty tech (page 1) pictures it with no resistor. APR picture is with a 100k to +VCC. I will actually try to get it going with 2 batteries (3.1 Volt), I would like to skip the resistors for the LED's. Later I will see if I have enough room to cram a Voltage regulator (3.3Volt) into it so I could connect a 9volt battery to it.
No microphone anyway since the messages are a 1 time recording.
Would appreciate if anybody can tell me about that resistor. Thanks appreciate your effort.

Just found out the hard-way 4.5V is the minimum. Brrrrrrrrr, How? It did not work with 2 batteries so I went back to read the manual (usually helps). :) Still don't know about the differences for the resistor on the M8 switch, I guess I just have to play with it.

Can any one help about announcement system using ISD1964 using analog in recording & direct method...????

Status
Not open for further replies.