Anyone that is familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone thats familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help me!

Hello,

I'm an engineering intern at a semiconductor company. I was told to figure out a way to use ICC2 to build a verilog interface pinout file (called a verilog stub, vshell, or interface file I believe) that has the pinout information of the design in verilog format, using the .LEF file as an input.
I was given no guidance at all, and was told that "You owe yourself to do research". All I have is the help/user manual of ICC2 and no idea of anything other than that. I managed to read_lef using ICC2 to load the LEF into it, but how do I go about building a verilog pinout stub/vshell/interface file?

I'm internally panicking, any help is appreciated. Thank you

Re: Anyone thats familiar with Synopsys IC Compiler II and .LEF design format, help m

ICC doesn't help you at all so ignore that. What company are you interning at? That's awful advice.

A simple parser is what you need. There is a free LEF parser from si2. This task can done in like 2h by someone experienced. Maybe 2 days for you to figure out how to modify the C++ parser to work your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…