Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone help me about SoC Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

univer_solar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I use PKS tools of Cadence to synthesize project have top module. It's OK and generate netlist.v. But when I use SoC Encounter to read this netlist file it doesn't appear the die size as general. I can't define floorplaning for it. It's give an error message. Pls help me.
Thanks

But when I use SoC Encounter to read this netlist file it doesn't appear the die size as general

i am unable to understand what "die size in general means" ..
can you explain exactly what error its showing...

check with the AE's of SoC encounter , refer to some university tutorials on SoC encounter , ASIC by Sebatian smith will help

When you synthesized your netlist, did u target the design to an ASIC technology library such as TSMC 90nm or 180nm? Could you also post the exact error message you receive from SoC?

Generally, after synthesis using BuildGates or PKS, we write the new netlist as a Verilog file. This netlist is imported into SoC by specifying the std cell libraries, timing libraries, and other info. When the import is done, the SoC window will show a block , ie, the core area alone along with the design as a set of blocks (this depends on your design hierarchy). . Now we define the core size, the core to IO distance, etc.

I suggest you go through the tutorial at this website:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back