Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] I am getting an error during post synthesis while running Cadence Innovus. Can anyone help me to resolve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhi.ranjan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We need to resolve the metal 6 error.
Screenshot_20221108_202504.jpg

there is at least 5 suspicious things going on on this screenshot. the M6 error means that you have some macro that uses something called metal6 but your technology has no metal6. you might be using IP from the wrong technology.

there is at least 5 suspicious things going on on this screenshot. the M6 error means that you have some macro that uses something called metal6 but your technology has no metal6. you might be using IP from the wrong technology.
Hii, Thankyou for the response. Can you let me know about all the 5 suspicious things.

Also I deleted the metal6 layer in my .lef file and I was able to run the Innovus and get some output. Is it correct way to do?

Also how can we generate .io file using Innovus?

Thankyou

that is absolutely never the right way to solve it, you never delete things from LEF files.

can you try to explain what you are doing? where do these files come from? are you working with a commercial technology or academic technology?

that is absolutely never the right way to solve it, you never delete things from LEF files.

can you try to explain what you are doing? where do these files come from? are you working with a commercial technology or academic technology?
What are we doing?
- we are trying to design an ALU. (From LVS to gds)
Where do these files come from?
- These lef files are taken from UMC_180nm_Sansh Pdk ( from io as well as std cells)
And the last answer ... We are working with an academic technology.

Thankyou

I am still confused. The PDK is from UMC but the technology is academic?
to be more specific, you are providing a list of lef files to the tool. which files are you providing and who generated each file?

I am still confused. The PDK is from UMC but the technology is academic?
to be more specific, you are providing a list of lef files to the tool. which files are you providing and who generated each file?
I have access to Cadence with help of my college.
The files we are using is .
1. header5_V55.lef

2. fsa0m_a_generic_core.lef

3. FSAOM_A_GENERIC_CORE_ANT V55.lef

4. foaDa_o_t33_generic_cd_jo.lef

5. FOA0A_O_T33_GENERIC_CD_IO_ANT_V55.lef

Thankyou

you have to find which one is the tech lef and make sure you provided that to the tool. only that. see if the tool reads the file correctly. after that step you can start adding lef files of the different IP. do it one by one. if the lef of an IP is not read correctly, most likely you are using IP of a different technology.

Thankyou for the reply I will try it.
Although it's working correctly with deleting the metal 6 from lef file.

It is not working correctly. You just killed your IP.
Actually I created a copy of it and then edited it.
Also I am not able to get the technology file and macro file of same IP.
That's why I tried that approach.
Can you help me with the files?

Hi
ThisIsNotSam I figured out the correct technology and macro files and now I am not deleting metal 6 layer.

Thankyou for your insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back