Not open for further replies.

Iktech

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am trying to simulate a Vivaldi antenna and I keep getting the following error:

HFSSDesign1 (DrivenTerminal)
[error] Definition Mesh, process mesh3d : Unexpected internal software error code -1073741819 with module id 0. (11:33:46 AM Jun 02, 2016)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (11:33:46 AM Jun 02, 2016).

Do you guys have any idea what it means? I have uploaded the file as an attachment.

Thanks in anticipation

Attachments

• draft.zip
    67 KB · Views: 105

Hi Iktech,

The simulation runs fine for me, solving the adaptive passes and performing the frequency sweep. You may be low on memory/disk space.

Reactions: Iktech

Iktech

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks PlanarMetamaterials for the prompt reply but any suggestions on how to tweak the meshing to reduce memory requirements?

Not really. I don't think it should be a very demanding simulation, a few Gb at most. Does it do any adaptive passes at all for you?

Iktech

Hi PlanarMetamaterials, I have been able to isolate the problem. The error occurs when I try to use PML boundary with classic meshing but the simulation works with TAU meshing. However, I read some where that classic meshing should be used when the model contains thin surfaces hence, I am suspicious of the results obtained with TAU meshing.

I doubt it would make much of a difference, but you could always check by using volumetric conductors. It shouldn't impact simulation time much.

Iktech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…