Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier using LM324n

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, won't Labview be able to acquire the microphone signal from a desktop PC or notebook's sound card? It has built-in gain and can operate a microphone without an amplifier.

So you mean that I don't need to build an amplifier if I'm just acquiring signals for monitoring purposes? How does that work?

I know that soundcards are often used for signal acquisistion, but I'm not aware of Labview's capabilities in this respect, but most likely it can use soundcards. As you can check with your computer, the soundcard has a microphone jack, and it usually has a voltage supply for electret microphones.

Hey guys I built the 3 staged amplifier using the LM 324n and it worked but not perfectly but it could amplify a signal. Now I am busy with my labview. I can read in the voltage but I do not know how to perform FFT. Anyone please advise or give me an example program for labview

Hey guys thanks for all your help. I have built an amplifier and connected the microphone. It works even though amplification could be better and the signal is very noisy. I am able to read in the real time voltage and also display the frequency against dB. I am now documenting my design and how I arrived to this one that I chose.

Thank a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.