Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium - SPICE (.spi) into Library Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBEEF

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I got a .spi file for an IRF N-Channel MOSFET(IRF540Z), from IR's website.

In the .spi file, they are using .SUBCKT hierarchy to implement the IRF540Z model....so they use a .SUBCKT and call M and D SPICE primitives.

When I go to add the .spi into my altium component library, there is just no way to do it....

1) Add simulation model...choose Model Kind = transistor, choose Model Sub-Kind to be MOSFET, Model Location = broswe to .spi file....and nothing happens...

What am I missing?

Thanks,
-MrBEEF

OK everyone, I figured it out.

So for altium, when you have a SPICE file that calls .SUBCKT's you have to rename the file from '.spi to '.ckt' then Altium will pick it up.

EXAMPLE:

- Went to IRF's site and downloaded their spice models, looked and found irf540z.spi for the spice model for IRF's IRF540Z N-Channel Power MOSFET. The the module is a .SUBCKT, and calls .MODEL's, and the file name is .spi.

When you uild your part in Altium Schematic Library and add a simulation file, rename the file from .spi to .ckt, then add model, it will link everything automatically:

irf540z.spi ==> irf540z.ckt, then add the model name in file which is ".SUBCKT irf540z 1 2 3" ==> thus name is irf540z

This should link and works in the Altium SPICE simulator.

-Mr. BEEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back