Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All layers are blackened when I open/create cell in Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

richloo

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help on Virtuoso

Hi there, i m having trouble when i create or open a cell in Virtuoso, all layers are blackened. Others are working fine. Below is the CDS log file. Anyone there have any idea? Thanks in advance.[/img]

Need help on Virtuoso

hi richloo

It seems that some parameter in .cdsenv are not correctly set.Ask to your CAD designer for new one or update yourself.:)

Best regards

flyankh

Re: Need help on Virtuoso

Hi,

I think you have problem with Technology File and display.drf file.

At first, attach or compile proper Technology File .

b/rgds
uladz55

Need help on Virtuoso

There are technology files and display.drf file in install dir.
You can try it.

Need help on Virtuoso

Which command did you use to open the Cadence? Do you have a license for Virtuose? It seems that the layout tool is not available.

Need help on Virtuoso

its because your don't load your technology file whenyou creat the library.

start Icfb command where the .cdsinit and display.rtf located

Need help on Virtuoso

thanks... the problem is the display.drf, i replace it with new display.drf file from foundry.
But stil, I have encounter 2 problems.
1) How can i extract layout from schematic(circuit simulated correctly, using the same technology 0.18u)? using layout XL?
2) What is DivaEXT.rul? this file come along with DivaDRC.rul and DivaLVS.rul from the foundry. How to set these files up? can explain?

Sorry, i am running all setup myself at home PC. Thanks for help!

richloo said:
2) What is DivaEXT.rul? this file come along with DivaDRC.rul and DivaLVS.rul from the foundry. How to set these files up? can explain?

divaEXT.rul is the diva extraction rule deck. It is used for layout extraction. It is required when you select 'verify/extract' menu command.

Need help on Virtuoso

Sorry, I haven't gone too far in Virtuoso Layout. About the Diva extraction, do u mean the parasitic extraction of the layout? so that i can do some simulation on the extracted equivalent circuit, follow by LVS?

richloo said:
Sorry, I haven't gone too far in Virtuoso Layout. About the Diva extraction, do u mean the parasitic extraction of the layout? so that i can do some simulation on the extracted equivalent circuit, follow by LVS?

Diva for DRC and LVS, not for extraction

richloo said:

Diva may do parasitic extraction, but performance is not good. Whether parasitic extraction is performed is determined by the rule deck -- divaEXT.rul.

You should run extraction befor you run LVS using diva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back