Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding APB bus in Libero IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

elockpicker

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

My question concerns Libero IDE 9.1 :

Is it possible to add an APB (or AHB) bus interface to a user defined HDL module which is recognizable by the 'Auto Connect' command in canvas?
I've seen an Application Note regarding this issue but the device used in there was a Fusion FPGA not an Igloo.
I've also read the Libero IDE user guide and many other resources and couldn't figure out what to do.

I really need your help because my design consists of many APB coprocessors and connecting the APB slaves to APB bus using 'Grid connections' make the canvas so messy.

Regards,
Reza Ameli

hi

This is quite easy and is the same for all flash-based families.

Step 1: create your hdl model with the AHB or APB declaration in the entity

Step 2: instantiate it in Smart design

Step 3: at the bottom of the catalog on the right (Assuming a default setup) slect the bus definitions tab

Step 4: identify the bus interface you want to use and drag it on to your symbol. You will then be able to connect the bus signals to those in your symbol and a BIF connection will be created which you will then be able to autoconnect

Happy designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back