Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Add a new symbol/ converting other SPICE library to LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eXnol

Hi everyone,

Just last day I was searching all over the net to find out how this is done. In order for you to not have the trouble I went through, I am posting it here.

TRYING TO CREATE IRF540N from IRF540N.SPI

This is the process I have used to add .LIB files from ONsemi and .SPI files from IRF into my LTSPICE program.

In case of SPI file just rename it to a LIB file. Then place the LIB file in /SPICE/LIB/sub directory

Select a component file (with extension .asy) that looks like your new one from lib\sym

Lets say nmos.asy

(If you want to place the new component under a new category, create a new Directory here as CATEGORYNAME) and copy the file lib\sym\nmos.asy to lib\sim\CATEGORYNAME\IRF540N.asy

Open 1N5338B.asy in a text editor, and make the following changes:

* change SYMATTR Prefix D to SYMATTR Prefix X
(This says that the model we're using is a .subckt.)
* change SYMATTR Value D to SYMATTR Value IRF540N
(This says that the name that will show up on the schematic is IRF540N.)
* add a line SYMATTR ModelFile IRF540N.LIB
(This says that the name of the file containing the subcircuit we're using is 1N5338B.LIB.)
* add a line SYMATTR SpiceModel IRF540N

Restart LTSpice and you will have the component there.

DERIVED from what was found on this page : **broken link removed**

I don't use LTSPICE but it looks useful for those who do. It will probably be better in the 'PCB ...' forum, maybe it should be sticky. Perhaps the mods could move it.

Keith

Added after 2 minutes:

Thanks to moderator for moving it to a better forum.

Keith

Thanks to Keith for donating more than enough points to me for promoting this topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back