Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adc sampling frequency greater than clock frequency of fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddant Sahu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on DSP project in which i have to work with FPGA(spartan 3 - xc3s5000) adn adc(ltc2255) , dac(ti-2904) . But i am facing a problem . The clock frequency of fpga is 40 Mhz and sampling frequency of adc is around 80 Mhz (it can not be changed ) . I am giving a clock pulse of 10 Mhz in dac (i can change the input clock frequency given to dac) . Now i have connected my adc output to dac input (both are of 14 bit resolution ) but i am not getting output from dac on cro. So can anyone tell what is the problem ?? I think it is because of higher sampling frequency of adc than fpga but i am not sure ...

Besides all considerations of reasonable signal processing design, there should be no problem to pass only 1 of N samples to the DAC. ADC and DAC have both parallel interfaces and can be easily connected to the FPGA.

Seeing no output could be e.g. caused by:

- Fault in ADC or DAC interface design
- Datapath between ADC and DAC flawed
- You are using an analog interface board with input or output transformer coupling and feeding a low frequency signal to the ADC that can't pass the transformers

More information needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back