Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC to DC conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunmose

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI...

I need an output of 15VDC. But my AC voltage can be vary from 16VAC to 110VAC. If I give this AC voltage I need to get Constant 15V as DC.

I know that bridge rectifier does AC to DC conversion.If i give 16v AC to BR (bridge rectifier) it gives pulsating 16v DC. similarly for 110V AC what should i do further share your answers with me.

Use a voltage regulator such as LM7815 with the bridge rectifier

Use a voltage regulator such as LM7815 with the bridge rectifier

On 110VAC? Better not ;)

What's the reason for that broad input range? Seems a bit out of the ordinary..

I was referring to something like this:

15v-dc-power-supply-using-7815.gif

I understand, but that wouldn't work very well with his input voltage range.

Sorry, I didn't understood his question well

- - - Updated - - -

There is another method but not sure whether it would work for voltages less than 110V. By choosing necessary values you MIGHT be able to achieve it. But still not sure about it. Best thing is to simulate it using or-cad or Proteus or any other simulation software if your trying it.

View attachment welwyn-doi-resistors-for-energy-metering.pdf

On 110VAC? Better not ;)

What's the reason for that broad input range? Seems a bit out of the ordinary..

Actually my project is based with a simple research, it is linked with the bike, If my bike runs in a good speed I can get 110V ac and when the bike is not in the raising mode it gives 16V ac, but I must get 15v DC constant if my ac voltage varies according to the above said voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back