Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

tral

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a freshman of IC. When using Virtuoso to extract the parasitic parameters of layout, I was told the software could extract just the parasitic RCs of a single wire or several selected wires instead of the whole layout. However, I don't know how to do this.

Needing your help:)

Hi tral

I used Virtuoso several years ago,so I could only give you some rough hints :roll:

Virtuoso uses LPE to extract the parasitic parameters of layout, so you must have a script file similiar to DRC/LVS check command script file and you can specifiy the nets you want to extract parasitic RC parameters.

For further details,pls refer to Virtuoso manual. :wink:

Maybe it's really troublesome for Virtuoso or Diva. But now I think I can solve the problem by Mentor Calibre.

Thank you anyway!

In the submicrometer(<0.35um), the synopsys Apollo is the better the3n cadence, u may try and compare.

I use dracula to do LPE for whole layout above 0.25um, and use hercules to do it below 0.25um.
but firstly, you should get the deck.

u can use calibre to extract RC, it is a very fast and friendly tool

Go to menu bar in virtuoso Verify------>Extract------> from the extractor form there is option Switch Name you can set R/C or RC parasitics

I think u must to write a diva rule by yourself to extract one net RC.

visualart said:
In the submicrometer(<0.35um), the synopsys Apollo is the better the3n cadence, u may try and compare.

Your statement is wrong and not relevant to the question

use calibre PXE for extracting the RC

PXE is parasitic extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back