Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8x8 LED MATRIX with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

exorules

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im a newbie when it comes to micro con..my project is to build an led matrix atleast 8x80 that can post messages controlled via pc. i really don't know how to start things over.. im using proteus in making schematics.. PIC16F877A with a 4017 Decade Counter other than that i dont know what other stuff to use..please help me..im just using a sample programs searched from the net for practicing..tnx..

Kumusta!

Which uni are you attending?

It seems like you need a lot of help. Have you seen what kits are available?

I suggest searching the web for something you can copy. Keep it very simple.

I am NO expert but I think you need something like this;

PC ---------->micro-controller------------->led matrix driver------>led matrix

PC to micro-controller could be USB or serial.

What's the name of the 'big' electronics supplier in Manila? They had a store in Mega-mall and a big store in Quiapo?

Im a newbie when it comes to micro con..my project is to build an led matrix atleast 8x80 that can post messages controlled via pc. i really don't know how to start things over.. im using proteus in making schematics.. PIC16F877A with a 4017 Decade Counter other than that i dont know what other stuff to use..please help me..im just using a sample programs searched from the net for practicing..tnx..

You can use MAX7219 in SPI to control one or many 8x8 LED matrix.

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

Reactions: exorules

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

exorules

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Did you try Alexan? They used to have a shop in Mega-Mall if that is more convenient. They also have a catalogue.

hi,
i am using 74ls164 with driver ULN2803,
its work for me,for my all MMD

please refer this

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/269863/#post1157426

Hello,can you now please help me to see why my circuit is not working;I used PIC16F876A,74LS164,74LS138,ULN2803 as a driver,when I disconnect the ULN2803 the circuit operate very well in simulation with porteus;but when I connect it I only see the columns shifting;can you please help me to solve the issue;here is the project.

Thanks.

Attachments

• SCHH.zip
    155.4 KB · Views: 113

Status
Not open for further replies.