Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D view PCB design and simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasidu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all i need to design a PCB which includes 8x8 LED matrix

Is there any software that can i see the 3D view of LED Matrix

At the same time I need to run the program to on and off the LED of the Matrix
by looking at 3D view

please advice such PCB design software or slimier solution

Thanks in advance

At the same time I need to run the program to on and off the LED of the Matrix by looking at 3D view

Simulations are usually made on schematic, not extended to the PCB view.
I'm not sure if you'll find some design tool with that functionality.

Diptrace (may not be professional) have this 3d view of the pcb

I just google and found somethin about an MCAD Button fo EAGLE. If you do not use EAGLE, maybe you´ll find something similar.

"MCAD Button

This single click option is the first STEP toward true ECAD to MCAD integration. The MCAD button pushes your design to the ECAD.io website where you can view and manipulate your PCB in 3D in all of its glory.
From the ECAD.io page, you can associate your 3D component data (don’t worry, it remembers your positions and orientations, so you only need to do this once), store & manage your 3D models, and export to STEP, Parasolid, STL or even an OBJ file. Look for libraries of 3D models to grow over the coming weeks as we build out this functionality and hone what’s necessary for you to build high-quality PCBs in glorious 3D!"
(Source: **broken link removed**)

Best regards,

Kicad and Autotrax (see software links section of this Forum) are both free and have this functionality. They can both import parts from other CAD systems too.

Brian.

Reactions: pasidu

pasidu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
At the same time I need to run the program to on and off the LED of the Matrix by looking at 3D view

Based on original request as posed, seemed like OP was expecting some tool able to simulate the LED matrix working in the 3D view, not only to design and handle the board in 3D view.

Diptrace (may not be professional) have this 3d view of the pcb

Thanks for the reply

I tested this but i could not see any 3D simulation feature

Anyway thanks for your info

What do you want to simulate in 3D...

For the record the IDF interface has been around for years for tying up a PCB design with mechanical 3d, I have been using it for about 15 years....

Dear marec thanks for the reply

I need to design a 8 x 8 LED matrix and simulate it with animation on it

Hoped you will get it

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Right now I know what you want... I think.
This could be done in a 3D mechanical system such as Inventor or Solidworks as an animation. I know od no PCB system where you could simuloate the electronics working and have the LED segments light as required, there may be a way to simulate it using Pspice or similar, but the results will not be in the form of a 3D animated image with segments lighting.

Reactions: pasidu

pasidu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear marce thanks for the advice

Yes it wont be in 3D animation that confirmed every reply in this forum

It would be much appreciated if you can provide at least 2D simulation software that can be used to simulate the LED matrix

Please advice

Thanks in advance

It would be much appreciated if you can provide at least 2D simulation software that can be used to simulate the LED matrix

With 2D simulation, you can play with Proteus ISIS, by creating the library of your own devices.
There are many other simulators, but this one seems the most popular among hardware designers.
Not forgetting to mention that this is not a freeware tool.

ISTR Electronics Workbench (NI Multisim - not freeware) also enabled you to do things like this.
You can drag scopes etc onto it and may be able to make illuminated LED models.

Or there was "Crocodile Clips" that is now available from https://www.yenka.com/ (free for home use) that I think would do what you want.

Although the time taken to do all this is likely longer than it would take to build a prototype. :)

You'd need a simulation model of your LED matrix though, which may be very difficult to find. It will probably be faster to just prototype the circuit on a breadboard and test it there, then film it with a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back