Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 pins with the same number in Orcad LayoutPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
heatsink in orcad

Hi,

does anybody know how to make a Orcad component footprint with, for example, two pins with number 1, two pins with number 2,......

I need this for a RAM chip with two different package sizes. The pitch of the pins is the same but the width of the body differs and we are never sure which is available by our supplier. I would like to use a footprint wich makes it possible to use the two packages.

Another application for the 2-pin-and-one-number problem is to connect the heatsink of a switched mode power supply IC to the ground line using two pads with the same number.

Making extra pins in the schematic design and connect them to the corrsponding pins is no option. The schematic must give a clean overview of the board.

Roel

Bad news, or*ad dont support any kind of virtual pins

I am not familiar with OrCad (but know PowerPCB), and the issue is quite general: The data base pins (and connecting nets) have to be unique.

I have done this usually by having two full components (for example "U36" and U36A") in the design. For power regulators I have added the extra connection sometimes on the layout manually.

Would it be feasible to place those parts on the schematics exactly on each other? Does OrCad allow it? Or keep the alternative pins only on the layout, but not on the schematics?

I am afraid you have either to make the stuff visible on the drawings, or maintain manually the extra stuff...

He

Hello
I have encountered this problem by placing an additional footprint manually in layout.
Is it OK
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back