Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
laptop motherboard repair manual

Hello,
I have notebook HP XT6200.
I'm setup the XP when "remaining time 34 minutes" at the moment system is frozen. (All time,at the time of ,34 minutes .. remaining time ,while storing ,system stopped).
All rams ok
Hdd tested ok (I tested with the another notebook)
cdrom drive tested ok.
Eeprom is empty (24C08).

1- Dos installed ok (No problem)
2- W95 or 98 installed ok no problem.
3- XP not setup (Remaining time at the time of 34 mintes notebook is stopped.Always 34 minutes labeling no change.
What is the problem..?..

motherboard tester laptop

Hai ta2ctp
Its really appreciating that you have checked every posiibility. I guess the problem lies with the XP version you are using. Confirm wether it is a leagal verion or try installing from some other source.
Good luck

la-2922p password

Hi, I have two problems...I have two laptops and both are causing me headaches right now...I NEED SOME HELP!!!..The first laptop is a dell, its my wife's, and right now all its doing is starting up and then going to a blank screen...I can't even log on to it or nothing its just BLANK....The second one is a sony...mine...it restarts on its own...it turns on then after it loads it goes straight to the blue screen...it says that there are updates being made 3 for 3 with 0% complete do not turn off your computer...then it shuts down and restarts on its own...PLEASE...can someone help me figure these things out...

how do i fix a broken motherboard in my desktop

Hi all...

My CPU

Proc : AMD Phenom X3 8750
Motherboard : Abit AX-7
Mem : Corsair DDR2 2 GB

I have a little problem.. my CPU temperature is very hot (reported by BIOS and Abit EQ). the temperature about 56 degree celcius in idle state and under heavy load can shot up to 70 degree celcius..no averclock and overvoltage, all is default factory setting..heatsink is properly mounted with a thin layer of thermal paste on the processor die..all of the fan is doing their job nicely..whats wrong?

replacement laptop motherboards

I need some help!
I have fried a notebook acer aspire 3023 wlmi power up circuit and it don't start.
The problem are temporaney short circuit of the wire of lcd inverter with battery plugged and notebook powerdown.
After that, when i push the power bottom, the notebook do nothing.
where i can locate the power regulator for star on mother board?

Thanks a lot

P.S.: Sorry for bad english

evo n600c ccfl lamp

Hello All,

First of all, this is a rare source for information on Laptop repairs. CHEERS.

I have an ASUS L7300-G Laptop from back year 2000. (Pentium III KP 600/256 CPU)

After shutting off on a low Battery, it never came up again.

Symtom:
Press PowerOn, Powerlight comes on and stays on, charging light is on, hdd
light briefly lights up . You hear a little short noise from the drives, then silence.

Seems no bios startup activity. (no activity on bios-chip pins with scope).

Voltage-checks OK on 1.5V-cpu, 3.3v-memory, 5v-drives. Fan-voltage notok
(ie. not running)

i red before there are little chip-fuses to secure certain chips.
also i red, the cpu rarely dies.

i am pretty good in electronics, so i want to repair that "dam thing".

no experience on laptops though.

"dead laptop" seems to be a common problem and might be related to some motherboard circuit problem.

If Mr Sandip Golani comes back here to the forum, please give advice to the
"dead laptop" problem.
more narrow: what makes bios not start. and.. no fan spinning, howto detect a dead cpu.

other inputs of corse welcome!

regards from germany
tom

Added after 53 minutes:

reading through some postings,...

I spilled liguid (coffee, wine etc) over the laptop or left it in the rain:

liquid mostly harms the keyboard and the tft-display.
most likely the keyboard.
(all mechanical problems).

a display may still function in part, so does a keyboard.
Solution: replace it. there is no REAL fix. (or life with it).

If your laptop gets wet, turn it off, leave it drying on the heating
for a couble of days. Then turn it on again.

CMOS memory:
I guess in ourdays configuration is not saved in cmos-memory any more.
rather in eerom or flash. The battery you find on the motherboard is
just to supply the realtime-clock to work when device is off.
(absolutely uncritical!)
on the other hand i am hearing a lot about "Resetting CMOS". hmmm

CRASHED bios:
if you are lucky you can unplug the flash-chip and get it reprogrammed externally.
otherwise ? unsolder it? (dont know, you might be able to reprogram incircuit)

NOISY fans:
after years of operation its time to cleanout the dust in your laptop.
a vacuum-cleaner is a good choice to suck out the dust.
or even open it up and do a clean job.
a noisy fan indicates its plastic wheel is somehow deformed by the time and heat.
propably time to exchange.
also the attachment of the heatsink to the cpu might need attention if laptop
gets hot. there is a thermal-paste between the cpu and heatsink to conduct the heat.
this gets old by the time and could need a fresh new coating.
heat-paste available in electronic stores.

all mechanical parts need some service after a while.
cdrom cleaning the head with alcohol f.e.

fix motherboard rotate fan and off

CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO TEST MY MOTHERBOARD'S PARALLEL PORT ( EACH & EVERY PIN LIKE ADDRESS, CONTROL, STATUS ETC).THANKS IN ADVANCE.

laptop motherboard leaky chips

Hi Sandeep,

I got Sony Vaio PCG-K86P model laptop. I am having a problem with my laptop. It suddenly stops halfway through when I switch it on and booting up. Sometimes it I can even see the desktop loading all the startup programs etc and just dies as if a power failure. Some times it dies when it comes to welcome screen. Can you please help me with this. Thank you

Syam

how to change pci express 100 mhz in laptop

Hi everyone here!!!
I would like to ask for suggestion to buy a new Laptop.
I am from india and planning to buy a lptp from usa which will be brought here with one of my friend..
Anybody can tell me that it is better to buy the laptop from USA rather than from India or not??
I have choosen dv5t model from dell to buy.
How much price difference would be ?

regards....

laptop fails intermittently not detect battery

Hello Mr. Sandip

I Have an HP DV 1000 laptop that went into shutdown.
now whenever I press the power all the blue indicator LED light comes
on and also went out. try to charge the battery the battery charging indicator
comes on but after a while went out also. before this things I experience a
random shutdown and after my wife forget to turn it off the whole night in
the morning it became like this cannot be turn on. Anyt suggestions for this type of problem?

Regards,
Roger

esc motherboard repair schematics

Hai Roger..try powering the Laptop with new battery pack or the working battrey other laptop with similar model..hope this will solve the probelm.

mpu type motherboard

pranam tnx for the reply!I check that one already but same problem before i can power it using only the ac adapter without the battery now when i power LED just blink once and nothing.everytime i push the power on button same thing happen LED blink once and nothing happens.

tnx,
roger

d915glvg overheat

Hai Roger, You should be able to run your Laptop with the Power supply, without battreies. If you cant, the problem may be with the switching section on the mother board, Faulty RAM, or a dead CMOS battery. Good luck

jack audio motherboard desktop repair

Hi Sandip,
This is P K Sharma.
I've Q6600 with DG31PR, coolermaster 500w psu, 2GB Transcend 800mhz RAM.
The problem is mobo is getting very hot 87C. I placed heatsink on southbridge and placed " fan on both chips. See this thread for full effort details http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96907
Is there any solution, now I am thinking of installing 120 mm over mobo. As I watched that mobo runs cool when I direct table fan over it. LOL

Do I have to replace mobo with other SLI one?

Thanks.

laptop motherboard level repair philippines

Great comments santapg and other friends.
Thanks a lot!

I have a problem with my MP3 player. Recently I can not connect it to my computer. When I plug in the MP3 player via USB port, it warns that "The derive is not formatted. Would you like to format it now?"
When I format it, nothing happens.
What should I do?

Thanks again.

asus laptop repair tıps ıc

Can some one please help me with the problem I am having with my laptop. I have Sony VAIO PCG-K86P model laptop. recently started facing the power up problem,
halfway thru boot process, laptop suddenly switches off, some times I see the welcome screen and some times even the desktop screen loading the programs, but dies suddenly. I tried turning on the laptop only with powersupply by removing the battery completely, but didn't help. When I tried turning on the laptop on battery with power adapter disconnected, it worked fine but only lasted for a while till the battery dies, but what I observed is, if I connect the power adapter when the system is running on battery, it shuts off with in couple of mins. I have cleaned the heatsink and upgraded with new RAM and cleaned inside, which didn't help, can some one please suggest me what else I can try with the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

ibm r40 some time not detect cd-rom

Measure whats the output of the AC-DC adaptor you are using. It may be more than specified. Just check out. Good luck

how to test motherboard charging circuit

Hi Pranam, thank you for the suggestion, will do that, but Its the same adapter that came originally with the Laptop.

laptop power circuit repair

Yes ...buddy..but measure the out put to be arround 19 volts..or the one specified on the laptop. In case you have a voltage higher than the one required, there are quite more chances of getting a shutdown due to excess voltage and heat for protection. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.