Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
easynote cdrom lights and screen not open

hi
i have a P4 gigabyte Mobo Model GA-G1000 with intel chips inside , this mobo was dead with no power symptom , when i heated the south-bridge chip with hotair gun , the mobo started up and asked for ram on the post tester card , and then reads ram but no data come out of the VGA card and the south-bridge chip is too hot now .. what could cause that ? and why the chip is so hot?
thanks for any help or comments
Regards

how to fix a dead laptop mother board

Hi santapg,

first I want to apologize for my poor english.
Here is my problem:
I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop with GeForce 7900GS graphic card. A few days ago it fall down from a table (something about 40cm height), but was still working until yesterday.
I've turned it on, but a few moments after I saw the desktop, all fans were spinning at full speed, and the temperature of GPU raised up to 96C. The CPU temp was 25C. Everest showed that GPU clock was 100MHz, and generally everything but the temp was ok. Then the laptop shuts down.

In 99.9% of cases it wont even boot up now. The power LED lights for a 1 second and the WIFI LED just blinks once for a moment.
It turned on 2 or 3 times, and even worked for a couple of minutes once, but then it was the same situation. I haven't noticed any visual defects on the motherboard or anything else. When I try to turn it on without the graphic card it seems to be ok, of course it wont boot up, but the hdd i working, the LEDs are on. One more thing: when the graphic card is pluged in the battery isn't charging, but when I remove it, its ok.

I cann't work without a computer :(
Once again I'm sorry for my english, still learning ;)

Thanks in advance.

lg p1 laptop thermal fault

Hi santapg...

I have by the DVD R/W....brand Digital IO, The problem Is when I attach the DVD R/W drive to my pc, PC cannot recognize, no DVD R/W drive appear on my windows, how to repair this?

TQ

putting desktop motherboard into laptop

Hi Sandip,

I feel very lucky to have your expertise available, thanks for helping all the people here.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 CTO laptop that has numerous problems, and I also have access (for a few days) to another identical one that works fine. I'm an electronic engineer and can solder surface mount parts, but I know little about laptop circuitry and haven't been able to find a schematic to be able to troubleshoot the problems.

The bad laptop has these problems, which I think maybe related somehow:

1) it won't charge its power battery, but it does say that it is charging (in the Windows battery monitor) -- but the charge percentage never increases. The notebook will run off a charged battery and off of the AC adaptor. I put the battery into the good laptop and it charged perfectly there within a few hours, so I know the battery is actually good.

2) The internal Real Time Clock coin cell battery does not recharge in the machine, so it loses the correct date after a while. I took the cell out of the laptop and set up a charging circuit (a 3V power supply and a resistor) and it charged fine up to 2.85V, so that battery is ok, too.

3) The wireless adaptor card (a Broadcom b/g type inside the case) doesn't work, except very sporadically, after the machine has been on a few minutes. I got a new card (through eBay) and replaced it, and the new card has the exact same problem, so I think the problem is on the motherboard not the wireless card. If I use an external USB wireless adaptor, that works fine.

4) This last issue may not be related, but the LCD screen had also gone out recently (showed all colors wrong, like a negative). But I replaced that with another LCD I got from Ebay, and that now works ok.

I suspect something is wrong with the charging circuit or the switching power supply but don't know where to look on the board. The supply voltage at the wireless card is 3.30V, but there is also 5.0V on one of the pins.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

how troubleshoot p3 motherboard display

can u plz help me to fix a new parallel port in my motherboard ?

this is first time i am going to do this.

since an old barcode printer here has only parallel port fascility , i need to fix parallel port in my new desktop.

slot machine mainboard repair

Hi Sandip

I have Intel D915GLVG mother board, i have 2 questions for you,

1) My onboard Lan Adaptor, does not work when i keep the link and speed for autodetect or 100Mbps full duplex, it works only for 10Mbps full duplex, i have alread replaced the motherboard through intel warranty scheme (due to some other problem), the new board also has the same problem, i have repartitioned, reformatted hardisc, reinstalled the OS, upgraded the bios and LAN driver, still the problem is not solved. What should i do?

2) The 915GLVG board supports PCI express, it has got a PCI express X 1 connector also, the mother board also has PCI Express x 16 connector footprint, can i mount a x16 connectotr and use it ?

regards

dk

bios laptop

I have Intel D915GLVG mother board, i have 2 questions for you,
1) My onboard Lan Adaptor, does not work when i keep the link and speed for autodetect or 100Mbps full duplex, it works only for 10Mbps full duplex, i have alread replaced the motherboard through intel warranty scheme (due to some other problem), the new board also has the same problem, i have repartitioned, reformatted hardisc, reinstalled the OS, upgraded the bios and LAN driver, still the problem is not solved. What should i do?

regards

dk

Download the LAN Driver for your particular operating system.
Link Here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2062

compaq n600c motherboard schema

I have already installed the latest LAN driver

hbl50 cmos jumper

hi sir
there is one m/b 845 intel chip set( chinesh, blue coure) there is problem it is not take ram . the debuge code is c 1, my voltage is giving 2.5 on ram slot. all voltage is ok can u give some clue , i have lots of m/ b which i couldn't repair

motherboard repair guide

I found and fixed the problem with my Compaq V2000 laptop (the one that would not charge the battery). There is a battery monitor IC on the hard-to-get-to side of the motherboard that had failed. I found it by searching out the data sheets on various parts connecting with the battery charge region of the board until I found the right one. It was a MAX1772, and I determined that it was bad because it has a pin called "LDO" that is supposed to have 6.2V DC on it, but which had 18V on mine.

Anyway, I got one and replaced it, and it works great now. Suprisingly, the Wireless adaptor now works too, maybe the bad chip was causing one of the other voltages in the system to be out of tolerance?

The bad news (for anyone who finds this post and has the same problem) is that the chip is very small scale (25mil pin spacing) so can not be replaced without using very small-tipped soldering and unsoldering equipment (such as MetCal), not to mention somewhat advanced soldering skill.

acer 5630 cmos battery

hello i am beginner in repair laptop
i want to find the answer for all this question:
# Power but no boot: Bad Input/Output controller chip, or bad video chip.
Symptoms: The LED light Turing on but the computer still doesn't boot.
in this situation what is the solution what i do for i resolve the probleme what the component electronic i will check and what chip i will change and what hardware i use for that.

# Shut down/hang when move: Open circuit, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: shut down when move the laptop
what i do to find what is the problme if is open circuit and what is the methode and hardawre i use to fin him

# Intermittent booting: Bad video chip, bad input/output controller chip
Symptoms: Laptop has power but gets hard to boot. If you press the power button and the central of the keyboard at the same time, laptop will boot.

# No power at all: Bad power chip, open circuit, short circuit, or loose connection.
Symptoms:Nothing showing up when you press the power button

# AC adapter turns off when plugged to the computer: Short circuit, short components
Symptoms: The LED light on the AC adapter turns off.
in this situation what is the methode to find for exemple the power transistor foulty or another component electonics

# Broken power jack: Loose connection, cold solder, broken jack
Symptoms: Need wiggle to connect, no power at all, intermittent power up

# System hangs: Bad video chip, bad hard drive controller, bad CPU controller.
Symptoms: System hangs when the windows starting, running for 5-10 minutes, or playing DVD

# No charge: Bad charging chip, bad diodes, bad inductor, bad power jack, or open circuit
Symptoms:Works with battery but it doesn't work with AC adapter, no power at all.

# Graphic Problems: Bad video chip on the board or bad LCD
Symptoms: Vertical/horizontal lines, distort color, flickering, intermittent booting

# Over heat: Bad thermal chip, bad fan
Symptoms: Restart unexpectedly, shut down randomly

# Doesn't recognize devices: Loose connection, cold solder, bad input/output controller chip set
Symptoms: doesn't recognize hard drive, USB ports, Digital card, CD ROM, PCMCIA, wireless card etc.

# Cannot go to the internet: Bad Input/output controller, bad Ethernet chip and wireless card, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: No Internet signal (the page cannot be displaced)
please help me for find the answer to this question
because same situation of this question it is situatioin right for me and i am finded in this situation and iam noting i do.

Added after 18 minutes:

hello i am beginner in repair laptop
i want to find the answer for all this question:
# Power but no boot: Bad Input/Output controller chip, or bad video chip.
Symptoms: The LED light Turing on but the computer still doesn't boot.
in this situation what is the solution what i do for i resolve the probleme what the component electronic i will check and what chip i will change and what hardware i use for that.

# Shut down/hang when move: Open circuit, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: shut down when move the laptop
what i do to find what is the problme if is open circuit and what is the methode and hardawre i use to fin him

# Intermittent booting: Bad video chip, bad input/output controller chip
Symptoms: Laptop has power but gets hard to boot. If you press the power button and the central of the keyboard at the same time, laptop will boot.

# No power at all: Bad power chip, open circuit, short circuit, or loose connection.
Symptoms:Nothing showing up when you press the power button

# AC adapter turns off when plugged to the computer: Short circuit, short components
Symptoms: The LED light on the AC adapter turns off.
in this situation what is the methode to find for exemple the power transistor foulty or another component electonics

# Broken power jack: Loose connection, cold solder, broken jack
Symptoms: Need wiggle to connect, no power at all, intermittent power up

# System hangs: Bad video chip, bad hard drive controller, bad CPU controller.
Symptoms: System hangs when the windows starting, running for 5-10 minutes, or playing DVD

# No charge: Bad charging chip, bad diodes, bad inductor, bad power jack, or open circuit
Symptoms:Works with battery but it doesn't work with AC adapter, no power at all.

# Graphic Problems: Bad video chip on the board or bad LCD
Symptoms: Vertical/horizontal lines, distort color, flickering, intermittent booting

# Over heat: Bad thermal chip, bad fan
Symptoms: Restart unexpectedly, shut down randomly

# Doesn't recognize devices: Loose connection, cold solder, bad input/output controller chip set
Symptoms: doesn't recognize hard drive, USB ports, Digital card, CD ROM, PCMCIA, wireless card etc.

# Cannot go to the internet: Bad Input/output controller, bad Ethernet chip and wireless card, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: No Internet signal (the page cannot be displaced)
please help me for find the answer to this question
because same situation of this question it is situatioin right for me and i am finded in this situation and iam noting i do.

acer aspire 5630 laptop boot up problem

Hi Sandip,
I have a Packard Bell Easynote E2316, running with a Insyde Mobile Pro Biosver 4.00.00. On power up the screen will freeze with "checksum invalid - run scu " it attempts to load the scu facility but hangs ? This is even the case when the machine is stripped down to bare bones, no hdd, no cd-rom, no mem, no network card etc. Attempting to boot from Packard bell's own cd bios update disc , or in factany disc fails, the machines lights indicate that it's attempting to read the disc but nothing works. The motherboard has PWA - Lynx_B_DC2/M BD printed on it, I can't even identify a bios chip on the board any help would be much appreciated.

dell inspiron 9400 overheating

Hello,

The head of audio jack is broken inside the line-in port of the motherboard and to remove it with a forshape it has gone further inside. The result is that now a new jack is going perfectly inside, but no audio is coming out to speakers and no audio is going in. The mother board is intel D845GBV2. Is it possible to remove the broken piece by desoldering complete audio port unit from the mother board and putting it back again to get audio functionalities? I have all these equipments to do this, but I will be doing this for the first time. So I need a expert's advise.

Regards.

laptop how to replace a dead motherboard

hi sandip,

i have an ecs lga775 motherboard. my problem is it boots normally but it doesn't go further to the windows desktop, it shuts down during or sometimes after the windows startup screen. i think it approximately shuts down after 1 minute.
please help. thanks.

aspire 5630 backlight problem

jrguy8 said:
hi sandip,

i have an ecs lga775 motherboard. my problem is it boots normally but it doesn't go further to the windows desktop, it shuts down during or sometimes after the windows startup screen. i think it approximately shuts down after 1 minute.
please help. thanks.

change ur ram

repair desktop mainboard

thanks. i'll try that

amilo 1667 mxm

Hi Sandip,

My name is Tony, I have a Dell dimension 4600. It had a dead power supply 6 months ago so I replace it with a cheap PS. Now its dead again but the PS is still good (check it in another system). The computer won't POST- there're 4 diagnostic lights in the back and they won't light up-pre POST error.
I took everything off even the CPU and the PS fan won't even spin?

Can you tell me where to start troubleshoot?

Thanks.

santapg said:
Hi! I am Sandip Golani engaged in chip-level repairing of Laptop & desktop motherboard, If Any one of u have any problem, Pls. Place u r question in the forum, I will reply over here. I am Ready to share my 15 years experiance with EDAboard.com. My Website Address Is www.compudrivesystem.com.

how to pass laptop bios password,u tube

Hi,
I am looking for an user guide for a dv7000 camcorder can anyone help?

repair ethernet chip on notebook motherboard

why no replies from sandip??

moderkort hp laptop

Hi Sandip,

I got a Sony Vaio PCG-K86P Laptop. Having a weired problem. Not able to see my DVD drive in MyComputer. It disappeared. When I checked in the Device Manager, I can see the drive installed but with an error saying 'driver installed but not able to find the device'. When I tested by using the recovery disk and booting up, it is detected and the recovery process starts with out any problem with disk, but can't see it when I start the system normally. I am using Win XP SP2 which came with my laptop. Can you please suggest me how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.