Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
r40 bsod memory dump

Hi, Sandip I have a LG P1 Express Dual laptop which spilled by a cup of coffee last month and I got the problem with keyboard, now I am using external usb keyboard and it works. Could you help me give advices for repair my laptop?
Thanks.

how to test laptop motherboard for heat damage

hi, I have a Asus f3m laptop, It's crash when i upgrading the bios. Now it's not power on. How can i solve this problem ?

thanks,

laptop motherboard defects after 18 months

Hi:
Need some help :) I have 2 compaq presario V2000 Intel mb. both have he same problem : Power supply led shuts off meaning I have a short on MB I c nothing blown ( physically) Can some one point me to what chip; cap ... could be damaged.
TIA

dv1000 motherboard schematic

I face a problem that every time I starts my pc, CMOS not saved. I changed CMOS battery several times but problem not solved. Mother board works well except this. Pls Sandip or anyone guide toresolve this.

MB: ASROK-P4i45-845chipset.
M/M:256MB DDR
CPU: 2.4Ghz Cel

desktop motherboards repairing usa

Wow! You are quite knowledgeable and experienced Sandip. I envy such skill and really appreciate this subject and your help. I can't get around a problem with my Acer Aspire 3100 laptop. it works fine but no input ports work i. e. keyboard, touchpad and USB ports. I unsoldered the cmos battery in an attempt to reset the BIOS and I think it did but I still have the same input port problem. I can wake the laptop on keyboard though but the keyboard doesn't work apart from that. Where do I start in this troubleshooting? This one has me flabbergasted and I want to know if it can be repaired by troubleshooting fuses near the BIOS and Controller chip.

motherboard laptop tester

s. Golani not responding for long time....

CAnanyone help me to trouble shoot......

fix thermal overheating in intel d915glvg

my pc working fine , but i have different problem with my lcd monitor it is acer AL1716 .

its keypad is not active , so i unable to adjest the con ,brig and size of screen .

if you have any suggestion to let it work ? plz

monitor is working fine , keypad is not active !

desktop motherboards repairing

Hi Sandip.

I have a toshiba M35X-S149, pressing the button turns on the button and the light turns on the fan 5 seconds and shuts down, no video and there remains not do anything else.

Reading by saying that there motheboard of this model comes with problems, if they have not repaired. Thank you

how to check motherboard on laptop

Hai diginode. This reply is for you.
The problem lies in the mother board hardware. check out wether there lies some leaky SMD ceramic capacitors which connect across the CMOS battery and thus drop the required voltage. OR the + connection to the CMOS chip is open from the battery. You need to check for open tracks. Please don't for get the "helped me" button.

Added after 20 minutes:

Hai manish12
This reply is for u. If you are technically sound, you may open the back cover and check for some dry solder joints in the cable or the way from the switches to the main board. Check wether the functions of the buttons work when you short the contacts on the main PCB. the likely cause may be due to a broken common link to the switch pannel. Hope this help you. Good luck

Added after 6 minutes:

Hai asephermawan
This reply is for you. In your case as your extermal key board is working it seems the probbelm is with the switches and its connections. Try wether you get any second in hand replacement for the same or a new one. If you are skillfully sound you may open the membrane key board and try cleaning the contacts. you have a 50% chance getting it working. But do iit at your own risk.

cpu change e2316 easynote

hi i have 2 desktop computers ones a dell b110 and the other is a gateway.not sure what model the gate way is. anyway when i try to start the up the moniter stays black,the power light turns orange green, and i hear a beep every 2 - 3 seconds. im thinking it died out but not sure. any help would be appriciated.

acer mainboard scheme

Hai pichu
Try connecting the monitor for other CPU. Beep indicates "Connector connected but No signal" condition. Hope this HELPS. Good luck

laptop motherboard thermal fuse

srry let me rephrase that. what i meant to say is when i try to start up the desktop the screen stays in standby and the light on the desktop turns orange green and i hear a beep from the desktop every 2-3 sec. srry for wasting ur time with the last one. but the desktop computers the prob and not the screen.

dell laptops an desktop repairing manuel

Hai Pichu
Test your CR2032 Cmos battery on the mother board and replace if it is dead. Remove your RAM from the sockets clean the mother board and the RAM contacts with IPA, clean it of any dust and re-insert and then try. Even then if you get the same fault, then try replacing the system with new RAM. Hope this HELPS. Good luck.

how to fix over current condition on dell laptop

Hello , I have a Mars Foxconn motherboard ,i have a problem with this mobo , in a few words this mobo looks dead , I already check the PSU two times with a tester and the PSU is OK , i swap this Mars motherboard and installed a older foxconn 945P7AA motherboard and the PC with this older motherboard is working normal OK ,can you tell me please if there is another way to check the conditions of this MARS mobo before I send to RMA ? ,I am sure now the lack of power is not due to a faulty PSU , because the PSU Seasonic 650W energy Plus is working fine when I install the old Foxconn 945P7AA motherboard ,but when I install the MARS mobo , the blue led of the MARS mobo dont turn on ( when I switch on the PSU ) ,none fan spin , all is dead, I swap the memory RAM module with another RAM module ( all RAM modules are 1Gb DDR2 800MHz ) but the blue led of the MARS is still dead , may be I need to swap the processor CPU with another CPU ,all this was after a possible short circuit between the northbridge and the motherboard tray But I already got rid of this short circuit between the Northbridge and the Mobo tray ,can you tell me your opinion please ? , thank you

Image0003.jpg

sony desktop 3 beeps no display

Is difficult here to get a opinion ? thank you

Added after 3 hours 48 minutes:

Nobody answer in this forums ??

repair voltage pin regulator inspiron 1500

I have a Sony Vaio PCG K315Z
It's fan is very noisy because it's almost all time at full speed.
In my opinion the noise has increased in the last few months because it's quite dirty inside and air don't circulate well and processor is hot.
I want to open it and clean. I tried to take out all screws I see, also under hard disk and RAM, but it isn't enough. It seems there are 2 or 3 screws more that are below keyboard.
How can I unscrew it ? Any drawing explaining how to ?
Any other hint to reduce noise ?

am51117

Hai friends. Despite its not my post, and i am not an 100% expert in mother boards,i was trying to help out with the little knowledge i have. i have no relations with the original author of this post, Mr. Sandeep and he may be contacted for more details and problems here on.

replace laptop input/output controller chip

Has anyone any idea about pc motherboard fuses?

When I mounted a sis chipset gigabyte board, it had no usb and ps/2 power. after testing the atx voltage I discovered that three of the 5vdc outputs gave 10.5v power.

I removed the power supply inmediately. Then installed a new one. now it wont even start the power supply (the ventilator does not rotate)

any solution? thanks for attention.

al1716 capacitor repair

Hai jehtrov
The previous supply which was giving 10.5v must have already damaged some protection diodes and may be some chips too. When the boards have 'shorts" the ATX refuses to power any further and thus the ventilator is not running. I think its very difficult to taclke such faults online, without having a physical look at the board on the test desk. Any ways...Good luck

check fault in smd motherboard component

hi santapg......

im using

cpu:- intel pentium 4 506
mother board:- intel D101GGC
hard disk:- 80GB
dvd writer:- LG wr

i have two ddr slots and im usin 256MB and 512MB rams

i want to buy 1GB ddr2 800 ram newly so that i think my pc speed can increase since i play games which use more ram for processing. In that i want to remove 256MB ram and replace it with 1GB.

i dont use any extra graphic cards.

so please tell me
1. is it possible to add 1gb ram to my pc
2. if possible , 1gb ddr2 800 is enough or should i use another
3. suggest me best graphic cards i can use in sequence of high price to cheaper.

another imp query:
My dvd is not writing or reading anything from cd's. it works well with dvd's.
when i bought that it worked fine i dint remember wether i burn cd's at that time.
so, is there any problem with writer or is my writer is capable of writing dvds only.
also tell me the best dvd writer i could buy around 1500/- in india andhra pradesh.

i'll be waiting for ur precious suggestions, thank u.

Status
Not open for further replies.