Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0.5mm BGA package routing guidlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am making a PCB with 0.5mm BGA package. I checked on internet and found out that the maximum trace width between BGA pads is 3.2mils. I tried to contact some PCB manufacturers to ask whether it is possible for them to manufacture 3.2mil traces and they said "3.2mil is too small to manufacture". I am now wondering that if 3.2mil is too small to manufacture then how i will be able to route 0.5mm BGA package. What is the recommended way?. Is it possible that i put microvia exactly on top of inner BGA pads to route them to 2nd inner layer?

regards

Ask manufacturers who are prepared for HDI PCB technology. 3.2 mil (80 µm) trace width is handled by many manufaturers. Via in BGA pads (plugged vias or micro vias) is also standard technique in high density interconnect.

Thanks FVM for help. Can you suggest any PCB manufacturer names in europe or china who can prepare HDI PCBs.

5 mil or 0.005" track and gap is standard capability these days
2 mil or 0.002" is advanced
1.25 mil or 0.00125" is HDI (High Density Interconnect )

.00125" is almost 50 um yet silicon metal lithography is 1k x smaller

If you choose Stainless steel layer you can acid etch to under 1 um in one conductor layer ! I have seen these. Very impressive on East Indian and Persian filigrane artwork. They can copper plate for soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back