Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Microcontroller Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the use of a microcontroller

Hello!

svet-am said:
It really boils down to ease of use and the tools available. MicroChip pretty much gives all the tools you need for free. If you want something high end, then you have to pay. TI and others, on the other hand, make you pay for even the basics.

I don't know about which "others", but for instance TI gives you a 16K development
tool for free. And with 16K, you can already do a lot.
Then if you don't have enough, you can use some tricks, for example separating
executable code and constants.

Dora.

Added after 38 seconds:

Hello!

svet-am said:
It really boils down to ease of use and the tools available. MicroChip pretty much gives all the tools you need for free. If you want something high end, then you have to pay. TI and others, on the other hand, make you pay for even the basics.

I don't know about which "others", but for instance TI gives you a 16K development
tool for free. And with 16K, you can already do a lot.
Then if you don't have enough, you can use some tricks, for example separating
executable code and constants.

Dora.

wow..
Just opinion from experience isn't it?

Atmel AVR and 8051 is my pleasure.
easy, powerfull and cheap.

AT89S51\52
zilog 8022
ATmega 8535
ATtiny2313
PIC16F84

any micro have its positive and negative just choose one that fit you the most.

till now thats all but i'm looking for PIC18F4550 cause it's USB capability.
maybe anyone can help me get one of it here in Indonesia :D

Hi all,

Do Not be surprised if i say nothing becase i live in Iraq and i couldn't find any type whether i tired from looking for it,
please don't tell me buy it from internet because we haven't any bank support credit cards

I am using PIC Microcontroller. Easy to use, less instruction sets, documentation and code examples are available.

Hi...
I am using PIC 24F and MPLAB.... for programming
I used freescale also... Since i more code examples are there for microchip... i prefer microchip...
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back