Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which LCD is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essej

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there anyway of identifying this LCD and how to interface with it? Most of the pins route to the four buttons and I'm thinking it might work through serial, but I have no idea.

Drawing1.jpg

Hi,

Identifying?
Did you try an internet search?
You know the manufacturer.. you know that it's a display, so it takes less than a minute to find this:

They say it's a custom LCD, this explains why there is no datasheet in the internet.
But they show all the contact informations. So it's an easily task contact them.

Connections:
* use an ohm meter to check all the buttons and the LED.
* check which pins apply to the backlight (for tests you may run it from a battery but current limited. Everything below 20mA should be safe)
* check which one is GND and VCC for the controller. Try to run it from 3.3V
* check how many and which pins are still unknown.
I guess that this will lead to I2C interface.
Connect the available pins to an I2C master.
(Drive LOW (here via 100 Ohms not to destroy anything) ... and an I2C pull up via resistor. Never drive HIGH)
Do a check for acknowledged I2C address.
Do an internet search which I2C LCD driver chip meets I2C address and the display setup (segments count ...)
Read it's datasheet to find out
1) how to set it up
2) and how to control the segments

Klaus

Hi Klaus, I searched for ever and could not find anything on it. Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I also suspect that it is probably an I2C LCD driver because after I discount the button pins there are only about 6 pins left including backlight.

The displays are of Cyber power UPS and I thought if I could salvage them for any other use, it would be better than tossing them out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back