Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Identifying an 8-bit Microcontroller with RF Transmitter for Drone Project

asjad673

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to electronics, ICs, and PCB design, and I'm currently working on a drone project. I've come across an integrated circuit (IC) that I believe could be perfect for my needs, but I'm having trouble finding detailed information about it.

The IC is an 8-bit microcontroller with a built-in RF transmitter, which I've learned is quite popular in remote controllers and toys. However, my searches for its datasheet or even its real name have come up empty so far. The IC has the following printed names on it: PAN186CV and RF250A.

From what I understand, identifying and sourcing specific ICs is crucial for ensuring the right fit for projects, especially for someone like me who is just starting out and eager to learn more about the components I'm working with.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me identify this IC, point me to its datasheet, or share insights on its functionality and application. Additionally, if you could guide me to the right places or websites where I could source or unlock this IC, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and assistance. I'm really excited to dive deeper into the world of electronics and make progress on my drone project with your support!

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 7.15.47 PM.jpeg

Well, this is setting off alarm bells. You’ve “found an IC” that would be “perfect for my needs”, but you don’t know much about it. Then how do you know it’s “perfect”? How do you even know it’s a microcontroller and RF circuit? And your ‘searches have come up empty’??

I did a quick search for PAN186 and got more than 11000 results. Where were you searching, under your bed?

Update: I looked a little further, and you’re right, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on this chip. But it’s Chinese which would send me running away immediately. I would look to a more reliable source; Microchip, for example.

Seems to be the same or very similar to PAN2416AF which does have an English data sheet, 113 pages of it!
From its description and registers it is very similar to PIC devices, even most of the register addresses are the same.

Warning: it is a complicated little device to use properly. Unless you are familiar with low level programming and WiFi configuration you WILL have trouble using it, even if you manage to find a source.

Brian.

Well, this is setting off alarm bells. You’ve “found an IC” that would be “perfect for my needs”, but you don’t know much about it. Then how do you know it’s “perfect”? How do you even know it’s a microcontroller and RF circuit? And your ‘searches have come up empty’??

I did a quick search for PAN186 and got more than 11000 results. Where were you searching, under your bed?

Update: I looked a little further, and you’re right, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on this chip. But it’s Chinese which would send me running away immediately. I would look to a more reliable source; Microchip, for example.
Thanks for the reply, i did search there but had no results.

Seems to be the same or very similar to PAN2416AF which does have an English data sheet, 113 pages of it!
From its description and registers it is very similar to PIC devices, even most of the register addresses are the same.

Warning: it is a complicated little device to use properly. Unless you are familiar with low level programming and WiFi configuration you WILL have trouble using it, even if you manage to find a source.

Brian.
Thanks for the replay Brian,
during my search i did came across it, but i noticed that it has only 14 pins while in the remote controller for the drones i have inspected they have 16 pins and i didn't want to lose any functionalities as the drone already has limited function.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back