Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best Schematic capture and layout. Thinking Orcad 16.5 but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfullmer

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks

Getting ready to buy Orcad becuase I have used it for years. My own license not my company. Any advice would be appreciated. Something better? Something cheaper and still as good?

thx

dave

hi..

I think Orcad is a good option. I am using it too.. I have used couple of other similar softwares... not much though as I am quite acquainted with Orcad I am satisfied with it...

Hi rohitchawda,

Thanks for the feedback. I have also used ORCAD for a decade or more. I am thinking of purchasing a license for myself. They have changed to allegro for the pcb layout since I got an update. So I would need to learn that part over again. Just wanted to feel the industry a little and see if there is another system out there that I was not familiar with. Do you do layout or schematic capture or both?

thx again

dave

hmm.. dats gr8 to have a license for yourself and you have a very good experience.. Yeah thats true reagarding allegro. I usually do the schematic capture... For PCB layout, as I have not done much but I have used Eagle. I am trying to switch over to ORCAD. As per ur experience I am just a newbie... I will figure out if something more better software if present & let you know by tomorrow if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back