Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding Rule File

Status
Not open for further replies.

ald356

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im not good in understanding and interpreting rule files
So mostly i find difficulty in interpreting weird errors in DRC and LVS.
Do you have a material that can teach me to understand rulefiles?

I have the same demando(∩_∩)o...

maybe check the cadence documents is a good approach.

hi,
It is good to read Document s from fab concerned ,as it will be stated clearly abt certain rule insted of rule file.
regards,
roy

Even if you use a clear and simple naming convention for the variables inside the rule file (usual thing), it would be difficult to understand the rules by making the first approach there....

As said by Roy, I strongly recommend you to go first to process manuals or tech info and then you'll see that rules file will be much easier to understand...

ald356 said:
Im not good in understanding and interpreting rule files
So mostly i find difficulty in interpreting weird errors in DRC and LVS.
Do you have a material that can teach me to understand rulefiles?
hi mr.alds,
better ask your former co-employees. just kidding. i suggest 4 u 2 refer 2 cadence or calibre manuals.most of them hv similarities.then in order 2 knw the layers used u cn refer 2 design rule reference.

Design manual for process & technology explains how basic components{mosfets & other devices } are fabricated .these rules specific to a given process & fab .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back