Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking Guidance on Microstrip Antenna Design with CST

Kudo Holmes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I'm working on my graduation project and could use some help with designing microstrip antennas using CST. As a beginner in this field, I'm looking to learn the practical aspects of antenna design, including simulation techniques and the use of CST. I prefer learning through books rather than videos, so any recommended resources would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically, I'm interested in understanding the practice of cutting parts of the patch in microstrip antenna design. I've noticed that some designers incorporate cuts or discontinuities, but I'm unsure about the principles behind these modifications. Any insights on when and how to cut the patch would be valuable.

If you have experience with CST and microstrip antennas or know of any useful references, please share your knowledge. I'm eager to explore the simulation and practical aspects of antenna design and apply my theoretical understanding.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to your input!

Best regards,

I think you refer to inset feed and the cuts used there. Here is an introduction to the feed methods:
thank you so much,
yes, inset feed was one of the cuts that i was talking about, but also sometimes they change the shape of the patch, in other shapes and they make holes and so on,
based on what they make these changes?
i mean, i know for optimisation , but based on what they remove these parts and they make holes and cuts and so on?
and thank you so much

In a patch antenna, cutting a slanted slot would make the antenna to change from linear polarization to circular polarization.

But on the net you can find many nonsense cuttings on the patches (as the one in the link below):
exactly !
That what i was talking about (the 2nd one)
Based on what they do these cuts ??
or just randomly to get a unique design ?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back