Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. They are the same type.

Thanks for your reply ! I love all of you.

samneang said:
I build PK2 when I connect it to PC I show me: PICkit 2 VPP voltage level error as show below. I think because I replace the 680uH by 100uH because I can not find the 680uH inductor. So anyone help me what should I do now.

I whould very gratefull to all of you !
Did you run a trouble-shooting with the Microchip tool? It should give you a VPP test result. NOrmally it is about 12 Volts depends on the chips you select.

Here is the result you should get (the program also tells you pass or fail).
92_1194813141.jpg

Here is the PICKit2 design (right side of the picture) we did, comparing with the newest ICD2 design (left side of the picture).
31_1193953562.jpg

More info, please check at this link:
**broken link removed**

Hello everybody!!

I'm still trying to do my ICD2 :|. I'm building potyo's Clone, and I added a coil (a choke) to filter the USB power noise.

Does anybody know how much current consumes Potyo's version? Because I have 5v before the coil and 2.4v after it!!!.:cry::cry::cry:

I supose that it's because my coil doesn't support the circuit current.

Thaks

Excuse my English.

My Potyo has quiescent current about 60-80mA. But I have three times larger
LEDs rezistors then original schematic. I don't have a coil, I have transil 5V6 on USB +5V and GND only.

kepi19 said:
Hello everybody!!

I'm still trying to do my ICD2 :|. I'm building potyo's Clone, and I added a coil (a choke) to filter the USB power noise.

Does anybody know how much current consumes Potyo's version? Because I have 5v before the coil and 2.4v after it!!!.:cry::cry::cry:

Thaks

Excuse my English.
What is your coil rating? volts, and current?

funnynypd said:
kepi19 said:
Hello everybody!!

Thaks

Excuse my English.
What is your coil rating? volts, and current?

I supose that my coil suport 85 mA. I don't know exactly the rating. It's like a resistor, but it's green and it's smaller. I was trying to find information about the raiting of this coil, and I foud this value as maximum current value.

jankop said:
My Potyo has quiescent current about 60-80mA. But I have three times larger
LEDs rezistors then original schematic. I don't have a coil, I have transil 5V6 on USB +5V and GND only.

Thank you two very much.

Excuse my English.

I supose that my coil suport 85 mA. I don't know exactly the rating. It's like a resistor, but it's green and it's smaller. I was trying to find information about the raiting of this coil, and I foud this value as maximum current value.

If it is only rated as 85mA, please also check the resistance of the coil, apparently it got a resistance (maybe above 30 ohms) which affect the voltage drop.

Try use this Ferrite Bead parts:
Steward Part # MI0805K400
digikey part # 240-2389-1-ND
This is a 0805 package 1.5A rated parts, get a DC resistor value about 0.05 ohms. AC impedence is about 40 ohm. Cost is about US$0.075, if you are living in the north america.:D

Good luck.

funnynypd said:

If it is only rated as 85mA, please also check the resistance of the coil, apparently it got a resistance (maybe above 30 ohm) which affect the voltage drop.

I've checked the coil resistance, and it's 10 ohm. I think that it's very small, and whith 10 ohm it'll not affect on the voltage drop.

Thank you very much.

Excuse my English.

Added after 6 minutes:

funnynypd said:
Try use this Ferrite Bead parts:
Steward Part # MI0805K400
digikey part # 240-2389-1-ND
This is a 0805 package 1.5A rated parts, get a DC resistor value about 0.05 ohms. AC impedence is about 40 ohm. Cost is about US$0.075, if you are living in the north america.:D

Good luck.

Thank you again, but I live in Argentina and it's very difficult to find some electronics components, and we must to use what that the seller wants.:D:D:D

10 ohms is very high resistance for this coil. It my by problem in the futures.

It's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;-) :D

I just remplace the coil that I have put for a simple wire and it started to work!!!!

I supose that my coil was very small, and the current limits was overrun.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Has anyone used ICD clones with MPLab 8.00. I had to reprogram both of the PICs on my Potyo-board, so it seems that the latest version of MPLab changes bootloaders. Or was that just bad luck ?

It seems to me the PICkit2 also requires a new os for MPLAB 8.0

Added after 24 minutes:

kepi19 said:
It's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;-) :D

I just remplace the coil that I have put for a simple wire and it started to work!!!!

I supose that my coil was very small, and the current limits was overrun.

Thank you all for your help!!!
Congratuations.
So next time, just pick a coil with DC resistance <0.1Ohm should solve this issue.

Scotty said:
Has anyone used ICD clones with MPLab 8.00. I had to reprogram both of the PICs on my Potyo-board, so it seems that the latest version of MPLab changes bootloaders. Or was that just bad luck ?

It's normal for the ICD2 to upload new firmware OS, any decent ICD2 clone should handle it no problem.

Hi
I want to say thanks to all, specially to potyo. I build your potyo2 (09/18/2006) ICD2 clone and it's working. I don´t try yet debugging and program 3,3V devices but for 5V devices I have successful programming and verify

sorry for my english

great topic;)

hi everybody
I am going to build a ICD thanks to your effort.
here are some questions that i have . Please do help me...

1. What is the fuctional difference between potyo's and PIC's design ????
2. Is a .47 ohm resistor available ? Or is it someting else ?

Thanks for the time spent on answering my queries .

ICD2 Clone Rev. C PCB design andp parts isn't available??

I jus tcan see the picture, but the download file is same os Rev. B.

diogoc said:
Hi
I don´t try yet debugging and program 3,3V devices but for 5V devices I have successful programming and verify
For debugging and programming 3V3 devices you must use external 3,3V power source for target device.

jmaurin said:
ICD2 Clone Rev. C PCB design andp parts isn't available??

I jus tcan see the picture, but the download file is same os Rev. B.
WHere is the picture?

Excuse me Potyo, but I have some problem with "RS components" for the component MCP41010 in your project :cry:, Can I replace it with another :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back