Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Bleska

Your ICD was worked some times by USB?
Sorry, i have no idea.
I thought that it's a simple cause.
For example, power, wiring, noise....

No, I build my ICD three days ago and now I am trying to make it work, but I haven`t been successful yet :) .I think that the problem is in drivers, but there is another problem. I used axial type of inductor. When I connect it to my PC after some time it`s relativly hot --> too big current. There can be problem in the timing but I don`t have counter or osciloscope. And there is other disadvantage --> I am lazy :) .

I´m trying to program a 18F4550 with my jdm-programmer. But WinPic800 always says:
Code:
ERROR -> Writing adress 0x001538
           Written : 0xE10F  Read : 0xFFFF

Do I need to set some special settings in winpic800 to make it program right?

No, you don`t have to set any special setting but it`s good to check that your JDM programmer works properly. But there can be mistake in the connection between Programmer and Pic (assume using ISP conector). There can be mistake in Pic, I have already had 3 bad Pics.

Added after 36 minutes:

Hi Everybody, I just want to tell you that I have succeded in solving my problem. ICD2 is now workable. Thank all of you.

There was some interference and the frequency wasn`t exactly 20MHz so I warnished my PCB and the problem was solved. Other problem was too big current --> low voltage (thanks to axial inducor so I have used radial 180uH).

Hello everyone.

I've found some sort of bug in mplab. Have you already noticed that when you select any device from the dsPIC30 family, mplab doesn't let you select to power the target from the ICD2 ?

I don't understand why is that restriction for. If you take a look at the schematics, you'll notice that these devices can be suplied with 5V. In fact, you need to suply them with 5v in order to use them at full speed (MIPS).

Well, I was wondering if I'm correct or not, that's why I've posted here.

Gracias

Gonzakpo said:
Hello everyone.

I've found some sort of bug in mplab. Have you already noticed that when you select any device from the dsPIC30 family, mplab doesn't let you select to power the target from the ICD2 ?

I don't understand why is that restriction for. If you take a look at the schematics, you'll notice that these devices can be suplied with 5V. In fact, you need to suply them with 5v in order to use them at full speed (MIPS).

Well, I was wondering if I'm correct or not, that's why I've posted here.

Gracias
Yes,you are right!
Use the dsPIC30F couldn't set the target power form ICD2. When i use dsPIC30F4013,I must use the external power.But i think that is not so serious.

hI, kenny_zhou. Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I know it isn't a serious problem. But I wanted to be sure I was thinking correctly. Now I know for sure that this is a bug in MPLAB, and not a bug in my brain :p

Well, that's all. Bye.

Gonzakpo said:
It is not a bug, it is disabled in the new versions. I dont know the reason, you can find the answer on the Microchip's forum: **broken link removed**

for potyo :
How connect jumper (X5) CMOS-EN+OUT-EN or CMOS-EN+Vpp?
I connected (X5) CMOS-EN+OUT-EN and CMOS-EN+Vpp result in the same way:
Code:
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2 
...Connected 
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2 
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0) 
...Reading ICD Product ID 
Running ICD Self Test 
...Passed 
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
When read:
Code:
CDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sure that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" to continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation 
ICD0200: Operation Aborted (Warning 51). 
...Read Failed 
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
How can work 4066 if Vdd(14pin 7V max)=Vpp(11-13V)?

Please read the topic from the beginnning. I will not respond to every question 100 times.

I`, not read all pages, but work this with the 3.3V PIC 24H?

Greetings Sascha

Question for potyo:
when begins exchange disappears ISP-VDD, why?

Hi, sergio_lindau

I think it's no problem when open RA-port. Sorry i have no ICD2-Clone. hehe
I planing only 4550 imitation-ICD2. I dont understand what time.

sergio_lindau said:
What's the function of 10K resistor on pin RA1 of 4550?
I don't know. As i remember, it is copyed from the original ICD2. You can see it also here:**broken link removed**

Added after 4 minutes:

PVladimir said:
when begins exchange disappears ISP-VDD, why?
Is it problem for you :?: For the reason ask Microchip :!:

Hi, I built PiCS (Rev C) and Potyo 2, but don't works. I plug into usb, and PC doesn't recognizes it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Please, someone can helps me?

Lots of thanks.

Ivanovitx

Excuse me, of my bad english. Someone spanish?

Hi, Ivanovitx

What MPLAB say?
I think that there is a problem in USB driver if neither works.
You had better watch a ICD2 manual.

im bad english too, because im Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back