Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with TA2003 FM oscillator connected to tank circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masood_786

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have connected all the components for TA2003 FM mode but it seems that i am unable to tune any station(FM band coil and gang capacitor). I have connected all components over breadboard (TA2003 and all required Rs & Cs) except tank circuit which is soldered in separate wire-board, i thought that tank is most sensitive part so i put that on separate wire-board but still unable to Pick any station. Any ideas what has gone wrong? has any one used this chip over breadboard.(can we use the chip for 8-108 MHz FM band over bread board, remember that Tank circuit is separately soldered on the wire-board that would handle 88-108 MHz signals)

Masood

Re: TA2003 FM Oscillator

The oscillator tank circuit should stay as close as possible from the IC, and not to a different board.
The circuit needs a connection to Vcc at pin 14 to enable FM operation.
To see if the FM detector is working (at least) connect and disconnect pin nr. 8 (IF inp) and there should be an increase/decrease of the audio hiss noise.
Ideally would be to have a modulated signal generator and inject 10.7MHz at the IF input, and 100MHz at the RF input.

can please the circuit diagram so that people can see, and no where the error is

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

can please the circuit diagram so that people can see, and no where the error is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back