Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with recognizing and functioning of USBasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacusdheda

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problems with USBASP

i had used usbasp earlier, belonging to one of my friend, now when i tried building it myself i am getting usb hardware not recognized error. i checked with circuit connections zillions of time, no connection error, swapped D+ D-, but no relief. checked with zeners which looked ok on the face of it(simple DMM test). crystal was correct 12Mhz(ran simple test program). put all possible noise blocking capacitors. found red LED glowing which means the Atmega8 working properly.Then i came across a post by sidy50 & other people who said that they successfully made it. i checked with their this diagram**broken link removed**
the differences i found was that i used 22pF caps with crystal as given fischl.de site
instead of 27pF and i put 2.2k pullup instead of 1.5k, else all same.
i want to ask how much will it make difference if i put pullup resistor which has value lesser by 0.7k and caps with 5pF more capacity(even datasheet recommends caps in the range 12-22pF)
losing all hopes on usbasp
P.S. my design has lots of wires and all crammed into a small PCB, but trying it on breadboard also does not seem to work

Problems with USBASP

Dude ...Try making those essential changes which i have made in the USBasp circuit provided by Fischl's...Its not always possible that Fischls circuit will work...I had the same problem, but with few changes in the circuit, got it working...I have uploaded the files...In the stickied topic for USBasp. Hope u have programmed ATmega8 with correct Fuse Bytes...coz its the only thing that can cause the circuit to malfunction(other than the rest that u have checked)...Even the Fuse Bytes are posted there...People got there USBasp working...Hope it helps u...Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.