Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting started and need help with stm32wb55

Rimvis123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo guys,

I wan't to make an "Air Quality Sensor-Controlled Lamp" and I want to use USB-C connector to get power suply (5V or 12V) from it and the problem is that what type of connector I have to use to program my stm32wb55cgu6? I probably can use SWD, but i want to see live info from my gas sensor thru stm32, so maybe I can somehow use USB-C port to get power and to progam my stm32? I'm new with this, so sorry if my question is dumb ir somtehing like that.

Connect the USB-C connector to a power source (5V or 12V) for your device.Use the SWD interface for programming. You'll need an SWD programmer/debugger. Connect the SWD lines (SWDIO, SWCLK, GND, and optionally NRST) to the corresponding pins on your STM32WB55CGU6.
Data Transfer: If you want to see live data from your gas sensor through the STM32, you can implement a USB communication protocol. The STM32WB series supports USB, and you can use the USB-C port for both power and data transfer.
  • You'll need to configure the USB stack in your STM32 firmware.
  • Implement the necessary USB descriptors and handle USB data communication in your code.
  • On the host side (e.g., your computer), you may need a custom application to visualize the live data.
Remember to check the electrical characteristics and requirements of your gas sensor and ensure that your STM32 configuration meets those requirements.

Connect the USB-C connector to a power source (5V or 12V) for your device.Use the SWD interface for programming. You'll need an SWD programmer/debugger. Connect the SWD lines (SWDIO, SWCLK, GND, and optionally NRST) to the corresponding pins on your STM32WB55CGU6.
Data Transfer: If you want to see live data from your gas sensor through the STM32, you can implement a USB communication protocol. The STM32WB series supports USB, and you can use the USB-C port for both power and data transfer.
  • You'll need to configure the USB stack in your STM32 firmware.
  • Implement the necessary USB descriptors and handle USB data communication in your code.
  • On the host side (e.g., your computer), you may need a custom application to visualize the live data.
Remember to check the electrical characteristics and requirements of your gas sensor and ensure that your STM32 configuration meets those requirements.
Thank you for your answer,

So I can basically use something like that? This picture shows usb c and uart communication, so if I understand correctly I can use the same circuit for my project and then use USB C for power suply and to program my stm32?
1703519984888.png

stm32wb55cgu6 has USB bootloader. Thus the device can be programmed through USB without additional hardware. You still need a ST Link compatible programming adapter if you want to debug your code on- chip. For application USB communication, a respective USB stack (e.g. HID or serial device) has to be integrated in your code.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: