Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Implementation of Retangular patch antenna in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

chand609

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am giving the Exact Dimensions to my Rectangular patch antenna . But it is not resonating at required Frequency! Need Urgent Help
I am adding my Structure in HFSS!!

The Rar file First contains my design in hfss !!

Plsss Respond Quick any one !

Attachments

• Design.jpg
    Design.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 79
  • First.rar
    36.3 KB · Views: 57

How badly off is the simulated resonant frequency compared to test results?
A few percent difference can be due to Epsilon r and dimension tolerances...

Last edited:

There is no frequency at which s11 is less than -10 dB but estimated result show that at 7.5 GHz it gives -20 dB ! I have clearly given those pictures in my previuos post please find my HFSS design too and Help me plss

I can clearly see that in simulation your patch shows an excellent match at around 7.58GHz.
What is your desired frequency?
If it is different then adjust the dimensions of the patch.

Did u simulate my structure in HFSS ?? If so in version and what changes did u make ??
But if you are talking about the pic i included in post, it is desired result not what i got ! i got this result

According to my quick calculation your patch should resonate at approximately 6.3GHz. If this is what you are getting in HFSS then everything is ok.
Not sure why you expect 7.5GHz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back