Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem about bandgap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAS.xs

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Vref curve of simulation is concave.
Is it right?
If it is wrong, how to adjust?
Topology is the mos current mirror by using gain-boosting.

thanks

refer to

u can find that.
maybe i think that's right.

Adjust the resistor values(may be reverse). Then you will get correct convex curve.

According to principle, it should come like convex. i think there is some mistake with your resistor values

The curve could turn to be convex by reducing the value of resister.
But when the curve turns to be convex, the value is very small and the current turns to high. The op doesn't work well.

analog_prodigy said:
Adjust the resistor values(may be reverse). Then you will get correct convex curve.

According to principle, it should come like convex. i think there is some mistake with your resistor values

i agree

The temperature coefficient of the resister is positive in the bandgap. But it is negative in the op, which is an ideal resister. Is it the reason that the curve is concave?

I think it is caused by the offset voltage temperature coefficient, which affect the whole temperature coefficient of the bandgap.
Am I right?
I am learning bandgap now, and have this question too.

If gou let the parameter ATX of bjt to more than 3, the curve will be curved.

what is the parameter ATX of bjt?

smilelangjun said:
If gou let the parameter ATX of bjt to more than 3, the curve will be curved.

yes, it's really related to the resistor value; Maybe u can try to use the different-value and different-temp-coefficient resistor;

Why is Vt curve of simulation concave?
Does it have something to do with the unmatched current mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.