Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Pic 16f876a Pure Sinewave inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
jami007 can you traying tl494 SWITCHMODE PULSE WIDTH MODULATION CONTROL CIRCUIT, and put sine signal in pin 3 "Feedback PWM
Comparator Input", but i du not know how to be output configuration.

So you have to remove "watching" of feedback signals from the code if you intend to use Taner's source code?

Regards

yes, or we'll write pwm code, soon i'll propose a basic circuit for test, you can also simulate your ideas in proteus....:)

Mr. Jami , i am stuck in a problem related to transformer design for this project.
The number of turns to calculate in an iron core trafo is as given below:
N= 10^8/(4.4 * F* H* A)

where F is the frequency of operation, H is flux density (which is 60,000 for iron core) and A is core area.

so if i am operating at a frequency of 20Khz and A=3.7 (let us assume), then

N= .005 turns/volt which does not seem to be realistic.

I think i must be wrong somewhere. Will you kindly comment on it?

Khan

It is descrebed somewhere in this thread that you can use normal transformer 230/8 (8/230), 150VA or more, 50Hz.

Regards

yes you have to design transformer for only 50hz not 20khz, in this circuit transformer also behave like a lowpass filter, may be attaached file help you designing a single phase transformer

Attachments

• Design of single phase transformer.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 459

here are some simulation results of simple inverter at 40Khz switching frequency (without filter & gate drive)

XFG1 is 50Hz sinewave generator
XFG2 is 40Khz triangular wave generator

generation of pwm is done using comparator function

Attachments

• DSC00142.JPG
    DSC00142.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 137
  • simple inverter.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

yes you have to design transformer for only 50hz not 20khz, in this circuit transformer also behave like a lowpass filter, may be attaached file help you designing a single phase transformer

can post hear the table the standard wire gauge

Californiajoe can you simulate this proposed circuit in proteus and give your suggestions

Best Regards

Thanks a lot Jami..
Let me do my brain storming...:)

Kind Regards

these are two function generators, commonly used in labs, you can find them in proteus too

Mr. Jami , i am stuck in a problem related to transformer design for this project.
The number of turns to calculate in an iron core trafo is as given below:
N= 10^8/(4.4 * F* H* A)

where F is the frequency of operation, H is flux density (which is 60,000 for iron core) and A is core area.

so if i am operating at a frequency of 20Khz and A=3.7 (let us assume), then

N= .005 turns/volt which does not seem to be realistic.

I think i must be wrong somewhere. Will you kindly comment on it?

Khan

i dont know but why flux density of iron core H.become 60,000 is that constant ? because the lamination are of different types.

jami007, why you are using two function generators.
Also, 74LS04 is digital element, so it's output is squere wave, so imagine how output MOSFETs work with two diferent signals (specialy around y=0 area).
Regards

I'm using this principle to generate pwm singnal, 74LS04 is used to generate PWM and PWM' signals(input to MOSFETs),

i.e two diagonal mosfets are ON and at the same time other two diagonal mosfets are OFF.

simple inverter switching principle

for more about pwm

Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• Pwm.png
    Pwm.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 140

it may be a choice but our first priority is to use the existing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com