Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pads Layout to Expedition PCB migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper10

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey,
i have a PCB file with Pads Layout, and i wanna open it with Expedition PCB. the two tools have the same extension " .pcb " but i can't open the file with Expedition. how can i do this ?! i don't have any translator tools, plz some help !!!
thanks a lot

Do not lightly convert format.Compatible with different software is very difficult.

But now Mentor has Pads, you could try .ASC.

You will have to download the translator form mentor graphics if you do not already possess it. If you are truly going to convert this database from pads to expediton you will have to also convert library data: Parts, Cells, symbols, (symbols only if you convert schematic to dx or capture) and padstacks.
To do this conversion correctly is not a menial task. You will certainly want to educate yourself on process by reading documentation.

Finally, The Pads PCB file is a binary document that contains all information. The expedition PCB file is only an ascii file containing pointers to project ascii file and other data. These are 2 completely different data structures.

Eda

thanks guys but does anyone have this tool from Mentor ?!!! i can't access to the database !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back