Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Netlist Problem Regarding nets specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyanka22

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All :)

I am facing regularly netlist regarded problems as I am on the way to generate netlist for my VHDL code.
For me Netlist means to know the exact structure of Gates or nets used in the VHDL code implementation.
I have generated .ngc file & .ngd file through synthesis and schematic generation now what should be the next step in the way generating netlist.
I am using ISE Project Navigator 12.4
Kindly help me through your valuable experiences.
Thank you all for going through my post!

~With Regards
Priyanka Singh

In my view Priyanka you are working on Xilnix FPGA ..... In order to view the extact structure of GATEs and nets u need to go the ISE Synthsis option and view RTL schematic .....
That will give you the module wise overview of the VHDL and View Technology schematic will give u GATE and net level diagram.....However I had not used VHDL so extensively ....As I am an user of Verilog....

I think that should help

Good Luck

Thank you sir for helping but I had gone all the steps you have mentioned above. I just don't want the schematic diagrams of internal nets only, I also need the whole written specification of how much logic is involved at lower level.

Thank you!

~With Regards
Priyanka Singh

Here is schematic that I got for one of my code......

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

ok for that you need to open the synthesis report ...... that will give you the description that you are intended....it is at the same location of synthesis tab....

Good Luck

Ok sir I will check that.
But that will not be sufficient as I required such description which has some format of nets. Don't know the file extension yet.
Anyways Thanx for concern!

~With Regards
Priyanka Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back