Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help regarding HDL terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tajira

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a sensor input into my VHDL design. Now I need a component within the testbench that mimics that sensor. I am thinking about asking the manufacturer of the sensor to provide some sort of simulation model for that sensor so that I may use it in my VHDL testbench.
What is the exact term used for such simulation models, that I should use while asking the manufacturer for such a component?

They are called "simulation model", provided as VHDL or more often Verilog behavioral description. But I think it's rather unlikely that you get a simulation model for a digital sensor. Vendor models are e.g. available for DDR memory.

If you need the model to verify the operation of your design, you are most likely required to write it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back