Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help!!! Read 64 bit manchester code using PIC16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.

chentzin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
manchester 64 bit

Does anyone have idea on how to read 64 bit manchester code using PIC16F628A. I need it urgently. Thanks!!

pic16f628a serial data stream

hi,

I've done a bit of work with manchester (biphase) coding.

It all depends on the datarate, and what exactly this 'manchester data' is. The 628 as far as I know can only manage 5MIPS. Also, is this a packet structure, or a continuous stream? If continuous, you'll have to do any processing between bits (manchester bits, not a data bit) which would reduce the datarate you can handle. Although, if you plan to 'over sample' the incoming stream, you could still read about 110kb/s.

If its bursty (packets) then you could just read in, decode 'on-the-fly' ie: if you receive a one, then a 0, then thats a '0' data bit, and a 0-1 is a 1. Sometimes its the other way around. A simple loop that periodically reads in, decodes, and stores. Then, between packets you can do what you want with the data.
Anything below about 500Kb/s I think can be done. I've done it.

But I assume you mean at a sensible datarate (<40kbs). In which case there are many options.

try here:
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/91045a.pdf
**broken link removed** - great site.
www.fpga4fun.com/10BASE-T3.html (for fpga's and ethernet, but the guy explains encoding and decoding well)

basically, just treat it as a standard serial stream. And use a timer to work out its datarate, so you know when to sample.

good luck.

Buriedcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.