Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low signal back tunnel diode based rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

stud.taneja

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make a low signal rectifier(high efficiency) at 2 GHz frequency using back diodes......can u help me with this
are back diodes available nowadays

**broken link removed**

Hello,

I think the 'back diode' you are mentioning is referred to as 'backward diodes' because they look like any other diode but with A and K swapped round, until a particular voltage is reached, and then it begins to conduct a lot in the direction that it wasn't conducting much before. They rely on tunneling, but I don't know much more about them.
However, I don't know if any are manufactured (maybe they are more exotic than conventional tunnel diodes). Even tunnel diodes are hard to find, I had to get some Russian ones from eBay. If you find a source, I'd be interested to obtain some too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back