Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induced current in center tapped symmetric differential inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_chip

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a center tapped symmetric differential inductor whose both inductors are tuned out. I have injected current I1 in one branch and want to know I2 induced in another branch(mutual inductance/coupling). How is I1 and I2 and their phases related theoretically?

4753382300_1409062855.jpg

It depends on winding method and how the centre tap is created.

If a single wire is wound then the centre tap connects the output of one inductor to the input of the next , thus the opposite polarity or phase exists on each side.

If two wires are wound (bi-filar) and the centre tap is one end pair connected, then the currents oppose each other in the core and cancel.

If a center tap inductor in the 1st case is reversed on one pair , or in the 2nd case one winging pair is reversed , then they will be in-phase. The differences also being with coupling capacitance and dielectric breakdown.

Hi SunnySkyguy,

Can you provide some references or links that can educate me in these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back