Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with ICD-S and PIC12F675.

Status
Not open for further replies.

petarpav

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic12f675 debug

When i use ICD-S to debug PIC12F675 on CCS, ICD-S upload program and then says:
"Could not start target: The target was not halted after reset Check the target oscillator and MCLR."

I use internal oscillator on PIC12F675, and MCLR pin is connected to VCC via 10kOhm resistor.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

setting internal register 12f675 ccs

On this page:
**broken link removed**

it is written that ICD-S is only for PIC16F and PIC18F lines which support debug mode.

I haven't heard that P12F675 supports debug mode.

petarpav said:
When i use ICD-S to debug PIC12F675 on CCS.

could not start target ccs

vaclavp said:
I haven't heard that P12F675 supports debug mode.

yes this 8 pin chip support ICD, but you have to buy a special "header" which is a 14 pin PIC that emulates the 12F and adds extra pins for ICD communication
thats for Mchip ICD2

pic12f675 debugg

In fact, I don't understand it too much. 12F675 does not contain On-Chip debugger silicon like 16F877 etc. I'm not using ICD up to now (anyway I want to try it).

My understanding was that during programming you should enable special configuration bit (bit11 in CONFIG register for 16f877). Then you could use RB6 and RB7 as ICD input/output. But 12F675 doesn't have such possibility does it ?

So how is it done there ?

Vasek

tgq said:
yes this 8 pin chip support ICD, but you have to buy a special "header" which is a 14 pin PIC that emulates the 12F and adds extra pins for ICD communication
thats for Mchip ICD2

debug configuration bit pic12f675

vaclavp said:
12F675 does not contain On-Chip debugger silicon like 16F877 etc
hi vaclavp
see 12F675 datasheet page 69 8)

pic12f675 reset

OK, but you can't use common PIC but you need to buy "special edition" with on-chip ICD which has 14 pins, don't you?

Then it's same if you change a code little bit and use PIC16f873 with old ICD. Well, as I said, I plan to play with ICD...

Or can you emulate the P12F675 somehow without necessity to buy the header ?

tgq said:
vaclavp said:
12F675 does not contain On-Chip debugger silicon like 16F877 etc
hi vaclavp
see 12F675 datasheet page 69 8)

pic12f675 internal oscillator icd2

yes, you buy the special 'header' or you can emulate with another chip like 16F873, usualy we make PORTA => GPIO and you have free RB6/RB7 pins to connect to ICD
no other solution in fact :?

Status
Not open for further replies.