Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP CST: Increase bandwidth of an aperture coupled microstrip antenna ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all members,
I have been asked by my Professor to design the following antenna and try to optimize it by increasing its BW to 4 GHz..I am getting a BW of only 2GHz.

Slot coupled ant.jpg
bw.jpg

I have experimented by varying the stub length and slot length as per reading some papers but still got nothing.. Preview below;
Slot length.jpg
stub.jpg

Can anyone please guide me on how to achieve the required 4 GHZ BW without changing the slot shape. I have found one solution of using a double stubs (paper attached) with the feed but I'm unable to find the relevant formulas for it. So plz let me know the formulas for it and some other methods as well to get the desired BW.

Awaiting replies,
Regards

Attachments

• aperture coupled patch.pdf
    512.4 KB · Views: 128

Try Increasing the substrate thickness. This should increase the Bandwidth.

I cannot do that as it will cause more spurious radiation..I have to keep the dimensions same as shown in the figure...

And someone plz tell me how to calculate the dimensions of H-slot with respect to 60 GHz center frequency?? The only thing that I can come up is to change the slot shape in order to improve the BW...What u guyz think...??

H-slot dimensions for 60 GHz center frequency please??? Formulas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back