Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hardware trojan horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumathigokul

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frds.....

Good afternoon....

I am doing my PhD on "Detection of Hardware trojans".......

Can anybody suggest me any detection methods and the components that i need to procure to carry my work forward.......

Thank you..

Regards,
Sumathi G

Isn't it the other way around? You're doing the PhD, so you are writing a thesis explaining to us how to detect hardware trojans?

Hi
The only HW trojan I know, is a keyboard logger. I have made one myself five years ago, when I was working at one company.. I did this to get administrator password for internet access :) .
It connects between keyboard and PC, saves all the data to eeprom. When you type a "magic word", it outputs the data.
I did it with PIC controller, worked great, camouflage it for a keyboard ferrite filter. I got all the data I needed, even a bios password.
Great thing is that there is no way to detect it, unless, somehow compare current consumption maybe. Trigger some alarm if keyboard current have increased or something..
Here is intrested article about one smart guy cracked a keylogger:

**broken link removed**

/////////////////////////////
pasted URL, but forum erase part of it , type in google : "brute-force-used-to a-key-loggers-security-code"

Last edited:

Based on previous post here you can find DIY keylogger circuits :

Wireless Keylogger - Do It Yourself!
https://www.keelog.com/wireless_keylogger.html

Open source DIY hardware keylogger
https://www.keelog.com/diy.html

Also check Products menu you can find other useful things here. ;-)

Hi frds.....

Good afternoon....

I am doing my PhD on "Detection of Hardware trojans".......

Can anybody suggest me any detection methods and the components that i need to procure to carry my work forward.......

Thank you..

Regards,
Sumathi G

What is your definition of "Hardware Trojan" ?

Hardware trojan can be small part of circuit which have role to do something on some trigger based on time, situation, number of starts/shutdowns, ...

Even part of uC code can be triggered in some moment to do something special, lets say if you try to open device case uC make short circuit with internal battery to damage uC ...

Can you give more details for "Hardware trojan" and "detection" ?

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back