Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Hardware implementation of AI non-linear functions from MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

april36

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I am a new graduate and currently learning about the implementation of some certain designs onto hardware (specifically from MATLAB/Simulink).
I want to ask if it is possible to implement an Artificial Intelligence block that is designed in MATLAB onto hardware considering especially the non-linear functions of it? If it is possible to implement these non-linear functions onto HW, how can it be done? I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

Implementation in hardware can mean digital signal processing in DSP or FPGA, or analog processing in dedicated nonlinear analog circuits. Please clarify.

Implementation in hardware can mean digital signal processing in DSP or FPGA, or analog processing in dedicated nonlinear analog circuits. Please clarify.
I am sorry, I should have mentioned the implementation of AI non-linear activation functions onto FPGA. I am wondering if it is possible. If so, how?

What are the non-linear functions?
AI non-linear functions such as tanh and sigmoid

Sure, suitable implementations are e.g. table with/without piecewise linear interpolation, polynomial approximation or cordic.

I appreciate your help and will check these.
Last but not least, how would you recommend to implement an already designed AI block from MATLAB/Simulink to an FPGA? There are HDL code generator blocks of Simulink but I would like to hear an expert's opinion about it. If there is a more efficient and a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back