Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Example of patch antenna with an edge port feed in Sonnet Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinchen_99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am a beginner of the Sonnet Lite user. I want to design a patch antenna with a edge port feed. Can anyone give me an example for verifying my design is correct of not? Thx!

Re: Sonnet Lite

Hi Martinchen_99 -- In SonnetLite, click Help->Examples->Antennas. There are several examples all worked out for you, you can load them directly into SonnetLite with a single click. If you have further questions, feel free to post on the Sonnet Forum, www.sonnetsoftware.com.

If you want to see how a Matlab program does patch antenna design automatically, go to google and search for "Matlab Sonnet". Google comes up with the following link:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=16077&objectType=FILE

This is a free Matlab program (Matlab itself is not free) that designs and analyzes the patch antenna of your dreams. Have fun! (I work for Sonnet.)

Thx rautio!
However, I want to design an antenna as the following,

43_1216543152.jpg

I still have no idea about this patch antenna....
Can I import a text file to sonnet lite and generate the above antenna?
Thx for help

Hi Martinchen_99 -- I noticed you also post the question on the Sonnet forum. I will answer your question there.

For anyone else who would like to see the continuation of this thread, go to:

**broken link removed**

Hi Martinchen_99 -- I noticed you also post the question on the Sonnet forum. I will answer your question there.

For anyone else who would like to see the continuation of this thread, go to:

**broken link removed**

Sonnet Forum is closed please provide other working link to sonnet tutorial

Not sure what you are trying to do, but if you google "Setting up a Rectangular Patch Antenna in Sonnet", the first result takes you to Sonnet's knowledge base which has a tutorial for setting up a via-fed patch.

Reactions: nesan

nesan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back