Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Ideas for this FSM Design!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEEngineer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

Here is what I would like to do for the incoming Bit stream of 0's and 1's.

The moment I see '01' I need to jump (or skip) the next incoming 45 bits and check if the next 3 bits are '1'. If yes then I need to print a "Success" message.

Could anyone please tell me if its possible for me to jump (or skip) 45 bits and check the next 3 bits.. I tried using #45 and wait(45) functions in verilog but doesnt work....or is it that I need to traverse through bit-by-bit 45 times till I reach those 3-bits.

Eg: Consider a sample Bit-stream:

00011 01 000101 00000000000000000000000000000001 1110001 1 1 1

After the first '01' , 45-bits should be skipped to check the 48, 49 and 50th bits for a '1' . If yes then "success" message is printed else "error"

Thanx,
waiting...

define a counter, count down from 44, when output equal to 0, then....

What language are you using? In VHDL I would create a 3 state FSM using a typical FSM format. The first state would be to identify the "01" pattern. The second state would initiate a counter which would count the number of bits to skip. The third state would be to compare/capture the following bits. The whole FSM needs to be done in sync with the incoming bitstream clock.

In my point of view, using counter is a good choice! How to implement the FSM depends on your favariate. The most important thing is that FSM must synchronize with the incoming bitstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back